Sign in to follow this  
Guest lozenp

ASX FSX w/Xgraphics haze/gray ceiling all the time

Guest lozenp

Hey all, For the past several weeks, it seems everywhere I fly there is a haze layer or a cloud ceiling around 4-5000 feet that I have to break through before I can see the actual sky, this is regardless of the actual weather. I was online with a friend the other day who also had a weather program running (wasn't ASX) and our cloud coverage and type was all the same, but he had no ceiling or haze at all. The real weather report for that time showed no low ceiling either. Once I'm above the ceiling, it disappears. Basically at anything below 4000 feet I can't see the sky at all. Above 6000 feet I see the sky and the ground, like the layer was never there. This makes sightseeing while flying difficult, because to see sunsets and sunrises, I have to get to like 6000 feet in some cases, but when I'm there its harder to see some of the textures on places like Hawaii.

Hi,In X graphics are you using the soft horizon texture?What are your visibility settings in ASX set at?Thanks,

Guest lozenp
Hi,In X graphics are you using the soft horizon texture?What are your visibility settings in ASX set at?Thanks,
I've used the "Fresh" theme which has Classic 39, Impression 03, Classic 70, X Graphics Default (3 of them), Swallow and Augmentation as the textures in X graphics. In ASX, my visability is 0 on minimum, 60 max surface, 60 max upper. Would the CAVOK or No Data cloud settings have anything to do with it? Those are 11 and 25 right now.

Guest lozenp

Here's an example, this is the same flight at a lower then slightly higher (maybe 1000 ft. difference at the most). Note on the lower there is no blue sky at all. In the higher, which mind you is only 5000 ft at most, there is hardly any cloud cover at all. Also notice on both how there is a hard line near the top of the mountain where the cloud line begins. I took a flight in Phoenix too, same thing. Neither of these places showed cloud cover at the time of the flight.

Here's an example, this is the same flight at a lower then slightly higher (maybe 1000 ft. difference at the most). Note on the lower there is no blue sky at all. In the higher, which mind you is only 5000 ft at most, there is hardly any cloud cover at all. Also notice on both how there is a hard line near the top of the mountain where the cloud line begins. I took a flight in Phoenix too, same thing. Neither of these places showed cloud cover at the time of the flight.
Hi, Some users may prefer a lighter/more transparent haze effect so we have provided two Cirrus Overcast textures (Cirrus Overcast 4 and Cirrus Overcast 5) with such lighter effect. This may improve the appearance of these haze layers especially when it intersects with mountainous terrain. To use these textures persistently, select and install Cirrus Overcast 4 or Cirrus Overcast 5, and after installation of textures, prevent Cirrus Overcast installation via the Advanced Options (uncheck the Cirrus Overcast item). This permits normal randomization/wx-influenced/manual selection of all other categories while keeping Cirrus Overcast locked as selected before the advanced option change.BestChris

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest lozenp

Thanks Chris, that seems to have made a big difference. Just so I understand, by loading the texture you mentioned (think I used Cirrus OC 4) and then unchecking the overcast in the advanced setting, this will leave OC4 as my default in all other themes, even if they show something different in the description, right?