Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

"Prevent Cloud Redraws" (DWC Mode)......?

Can someone please explain exactly what; "Prevent Cloud Redraws (DWC Mode)" Means...??I'm having a tough time figuring this setting out?Will checking this setting prevent the weather from changing when ASA does it's automatic weather update?Also, I notice that the cloud type and density frequently changes during my flight. It's as if "BLAM!!!" all of a sudden the clouds are completely different. Although this seems to correspond with the 10 min real time weather setting (and/or flying over/near a reporting station) update that I use. Is this supposed to happen this way?If I enable this setting and the weather at my destination airport is clear, then by the time I get there, in a long flight and the weather has changed, via a real time update, will the weather only remain at what it was at destination at time I took off from originating airport???One last question?What does the setting; "Prevent Thunderstorms when CB reported" do exactly?Couldn't find a detailed explanation anywhere.Thanks!!!

Chris Camp

Hi,Thanks for asking your questions and I'll be happy to respond.1. That setting is one attempt to limit the cloud popping issue some users are getting when using FSX and ASA. It ties into the graphics engine of FSX. Now, it will not affect your weather situations at all and the rest of ASA will continue to function normally. So no, to the rest of that part of your questions.2. In many parts of the world, CB is added to the cloud portion of the METAR data and there is no precipitation that is being produced. But generally, CB does mean precipitation. So for those users who do not want to see precipitation when CB is reported, that option is offered.What we have come to know and offer is that there is not one set of "rules" or guidelines for worldwide weather reporting. So what we try and do is offer as many options as possible for worldwide users to fit our product with what they have come to expect for their experiences from their part of the world.Thanks,

Hi Jim and everybody, have you found out the reason for the wrong cloud depiction with this box checked? During these days I had been using ASA without the prevent cloud redraws checked, and it works very well. No issues with clouds. What I read is what I see. ;) The "bad" part is the cloud popping of course, but I imagined it would have happened. Is it just me or has anyone else experienced such problem with this option on? Cheers,Fede

Hi,Not that I am aware of, but Damian may have some ideas that he is trying out at his end.Thanks,