Sign in to follow this  
Guest DanWalloch

WHY??? Cargo POSKY 744 sinks into runway at landing!!

I don't understand this: I have made a picture-perfect approach just like I have done zillions before, no wind, touched down just at the perfect spot on the runway - and then this bird simply "sinks" in the ground, i.e. the rear wheels "eat" themselves into the concrete, making plenty of noise and firy and flashy flames (and thus the plane unsteerable)... why?? I have tried it with several of the POSKY 744Fs (Cargolux, Air France), at several airports, always the same problem.Anyone can help? Is the plane badly loaded, i.e. too much weight on the centre of the plane? If yes, can I influence this? Other reasons?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I looked at the Polar Air Cargo paint v3 os744fv3pac.zip.Not sure what is the problem, but I note that it is fairly loaded. I don't see any problem with the static gear position. I did note a couple of weight problems that appear to have been caused by transfering items from the MS 744. The MS has the reference point on the nose, while the Posky has it at the CG. Load 0 and Fuel center 2 weren't adjusted for that. I simply moved them 83.5 ft forward to compensate:station_load.0=9720,-16.6, 0.0, -11.0Center2=-110.0, 0.0, 6.0, 3298.0, 3.0 I also commented out this line (not sure why it's there)//station_load.0=0.000000,0.000000,0.000000,0.000000You could try reduced the weight on load 3 as well and see what happens.scott s..

I too had this problem, are you landing with alot of fuel!!! Also another problem is that I have to have 10-20 degs of flaps and redline the engines to take off cause if I use anything over 5 deg nose up pitch, I run the risk of hitting the tail and seeing the lovely smoke trail.