Sign in to follow this  
nriddell

Turn Aircraft AI

Hey GuysLooking for a bit of help/infoI was wondering if it is possible to make aircraft that I have purchased appear as AI aircraft.Basically what I want to see is for example my IRIS F14 or A2A Razorback etc on the apron/in the sky with me. I don't want to do formation flying - I was just hoping these aircraft could form part of the AI fleet as well.Any comments greatly appreciatedThanksNeil

I Believe fsrecorder is what you want, It allows you to record the flight and play it back as ai, then fly with it, Just remeber that these planes have a few overheads so may effect you frames a bit, simply ai are desigend to have less overheads, no cockpit etc, But try it and see how it goes.

I was wondering if it is possible to make aircraft that I have purchased appear as AI aircraft.Basically what I want to see is for example my IRIS F14 or A2A Razorback etc on the apron/in the sky with me. I don't want to do formation flying - I was just hoping these aircraft could form part of the AI fleet as well.
You can use any aircraft as AI. How well it flies may be an issue. You must also consider the impact upon frame rates. AI aircraft are purposely designed to be less detailed. Frame rates are greatly impacted by the number of polygons used.A very detailed user aircraft can hit your machine at 10 nm from the aircraft on final with as much negative impact as 100 or more AI aircraft.You need to create a flightplan for the aircraft. For a static one like you describe wanting - we usually do a weekly plan to have the plane fly out to a nearby airport once a week in the middle of the night. Assign the aircraft a very unique parking code and it will be parked in the one specific spot always.Most folks use TTools format for such flight plans. Something likeAC#3,PT-OHD,11%,Week,IFR,0/02:50,@0/03:20,100,R,0,SBGR,0/04:05,@0/04:35,110,R,0,SBSPThis will put the plane on the ramp at SBSP for all the week except for that hour and 45 min early Sunday morning.All you need to do is adjust the times for the middle of the night, and the airports. A turnaround airport 30-50 nm from your main airport will do nicely.You of course need an aircraft.txt file and an airports.txt file to match your FP.If you have other FSX standard or converted AI traffic, you need to convert / compile this traffic file with a FSX compliant product like AI Flight Planner by Don Grovestine.Frankly, Don's program produces such good quality traffic files, I no longer use TTools for FS2004. Don's compliance with FS2004 and FSX SDK standards avoids many of the errors which Traffic Tools creates.I keep one set of source files and one traffic .BGL file for all my static aircraft world wide. I do have a very few User aircraft as AI in places where there is not extensive real world based AI.