Sign in to follow this  
Carob

KSLCv2 - Gary Widup

Hello. I was hoping someone might be able to answer a question for me regarding Gary Widup's KSLC v2 scenery for FS9. I have tried to contact Gary but haven't received a reply. It seems some textures are not showing up but I can't figure out why. I have re-downloaded the package and made sure I have everything loaded correctly. But, as you can see from the attached picture, I am still missing something. I was hoping someone might be able to tell me what files I might be missing. If it helps, this plane is sitting at gate E 15 (GA Medieum). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have the same version installed and it displays properly for me.Check the obvious first - that your Salt Lake City Airport scenery structure looks something like this:Salt Lake City - KSLC------scenery (has 11 bgl files including the afcad - AF2_KSLC,bgl)------texture (has 45 bmp files)Be sure the spelling of the texture folder is correct - i.e. not textures)Keep us posted.

Make sure both the textures named ramp.bmp and ramp2.bmp are in the following folder...Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture. Next do a name seach of your Flight Simulator 9 sceneries for both the ramp.bmp and ramp2.bmp textures. There is apparently something taking priority over the 2 files in the SLC texture folder. When, (and if), you find other textures with the same name. Temporarily rename them to something else like ramp.bmp.Original or ramp2.bmp.Original and see if that helps. Make sure that if you do rename something to take note of where it is so you can rename it back later :)Mark

I have the same version installed and it displays properly for me.Check the obvious first - that your Salt Lake City Airport scenery structure looks something like this:Salt Lake City - KSLC------scenery (has 11 bgl files including the afcad - AF2_KSLC,bgl)------texture (has 45 bmp files)Be sure the spelling of the texture folder is correct - i.e. not textures)Keep us posted.
The weird thing is that some items do show correctly. I was only trying to focus on the bad areas in the example.

Make sure both the textures named ramp.bmp and ramp2.bmp are in the following folder...Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture. Next do a name seach of your Flight Simulator 9 sceneries for both the ramp.bmp and ramp2.bmp textures. There is apparently something taking priority over the 2 files in the SLC texture folder. When, (and if), you find other textures with the same name. Temporarily rename them to something else like ramp.bmp.Original or ramp2.bmp.Original and see if that helps. Make sure that if you do rename something to take note of where it is so you can rename it back later :)Mark
Tried it...Didn't help.

Tried it...Didn't help.
One trick - that "sometimes" works when textures do not display - is to put a copy of them directly into your main texture folder.Duplicate textures apparently do no harm - just take up some extra disk space.Might be worth a try.

Hey Carob, does that mean that you found duplicate textures somewhere else? I think, (but Opa will correct me if I'm off base), that this is simply a priority issue and nothing more. So let's see if I can explain this a bit more....This is the layout as requested by Gary's readme file...Addon Scenery\Scenery Addon Scenery\TextureAddon Scenery\SLC\SceneryAddon Scenery\SLC\Texture The Addon "Addon Scenery\SLC" folder needs to be added to the scenery.cfg file...either by hand or by using the scenery manager in FS9. Did you do that and if so, what priority did you give the "Addon Scenery\SLC" folder?Try this, (or at least make sure of it), that the "Addon Scenery\SLC" displays at the top of the list in FS9's scenery manager. (That would be priority 1 in the display or the very last entry in the scenery.cfg file. Also, make sure it doesn't appear more then once in the entire list. Tell me what you find...Mark

I'm familiar with the scenery layers and I had already moved the KSLC scenery to the top just to try it but no luck.I have had other scenery packages that I've had the same kind of issues with and moving (only the troublesome) textures to the main texture folder fixed those but that doesn't seem to be the case here.I don't know what it is. When I feel like fooling with it more I guess I will. But, I definitely don't feel like it today! :(

I have downloaded this package for a third time and installed everything correctly but still have the same issue. I don't suppose anyone has any other ideas, eh?

Hey carob, this is what I would do...First, I'd make a copy of my scenery.cfg file and put it in a safe location. Then, I'd remove everything in it, (the one that FS9 will see next time it starts), except for the default FS9 scenery.cfg entries. I'd then rename my "Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery" folder to something else like "Original Addon Scenery". Next, I'd create a new, (and empty), "Addon Scenery" folder save for a "Scenery" and "Texture" folder in it.I would then add the KSLC airport to the new "Addon Scenery" folder and start a flight from there. If it came up looking OK then you know that there's something in your "Original Addon Scenery" folder that is conflicting with the KSLC airport. Try that and check back with the results :)Mark

According to Widup the general scenery items can be loaded anywhere as long as they are loaded, but, there are specific items that need to be in the KSLC texture directory which has been triple-checked.The scenery would be nice to have but after fooling with it for this long I pretty much feel like it's not worth it anymore.

Come on, this will only take you a few minutes. By the way, the Effect Texture goes into the folder "Effects\Texture", not the global "Flight Simulator 9\Texture" folder. I installed it and it appears to be working fine on my system.MarkFrom Gary's ReadMe file------------------------------------FS9---Addon scenery------slc---------scenery <--slc scenery files go here ---------texture <--slc texture files go here ------scenery <--genobj.bgl and FedExTrucks.bgl goes here------texture <--general object and FedEx textures go here---effects <--effect files go here---texture <--effect texture goes here // Needs to be "effects\texture"

Come on, this will only take you a few minutes. By the way, the Effect Texture goes into the folder "Effects\Texture", not the global "Flight Simulator 9\Texture" folder. I installed it and it appears to be working fine on my system.MarkFrom Gary's ReadMe file------------------------------------FS9---Addon scenery------slc---------scenery <--slc scenery files go here ---------texture <--slc texture files go here ------scenery <--genobj.bgl and FedExTrucks.bgl goes here------texture <--general object and FedEx textures go here---effects <--effect files go here---texture <--effect texture goes here // Needs to be "effects\texture"
There are no texture files in his "effects" directory so I'm not sure what you are saying.

After you do the other stuff...this is where all of the files need to be...Folders Envolved-----------------------------------------------------------Flight Simulator 9\EffectsFlight Simulator 9\Effects\textureFlight Simulator 9\Addon SceneryFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slcFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\sceneryFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture-----------------------------------------------------------Actual File Distribution-----------------------------------------------------------------------Flight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery\FedExTrucks.BGLFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\scenery\genobj.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\sceneryFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\textureFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\kslc9v2.txtFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\AF2_KSLC.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\dva.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\malib.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\slc01.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\slc9v2.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\slcexc.BGLFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\slcexc02.BGLFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\slcf01.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\slcgrveh.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\slclib.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\scenery\slcmtn01.bglFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\cargo1.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\cargo1_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\gatenum.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\gatenum_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\mahgr1.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\mahgr1_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\padsign1.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\padsign2.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\padsign3.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\ramp.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\ramp2.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\road42.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\road4a.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg2.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg2_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg3.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg3_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg4.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg4_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg5.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg5_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg6.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg6_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg7.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg7_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg8.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg8_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg9.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcbldg9_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slccommsign.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slccommsign_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcconc1.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcconc1_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcgate.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcgate_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcgatesign.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcpad1.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcpad1_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcpargar.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcpargar_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcparking.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcterm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\slcterm_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\struct2.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\slc\texture\struct2_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\blknwht.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\cbox1.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\cbox1_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\cbox2.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\cbox2_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_atw_tr.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_atw_tr_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_fedex_tr.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_fedex_tr_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_lsg_tr.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_lsg_tr_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_pln_tr.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_pln_tr_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_swa_tr.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\db_swa_tr_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDEXP.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDEXP_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX0B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX0B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX1B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX1B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX2B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX2B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX3B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX3B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX4B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX4B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX5B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX5B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX6B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX6B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX7B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX7B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX8B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX8B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX9B.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\FEDX9B_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\hgr1.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\hgr1_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\struct.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\struct_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\TruckHighway.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Addon Scenery\texture\TruckHighway_lm.bmpFlight Simulator 9\Effects\hold1.fxFlight Simulator 9\Effects\hold2.fxFlight Simulator 9\Effects\texture\holdhalo.bmp

I don't know where you are getting that "holdhalo.bmp" goes in Effects\texture. Nothing in his documentation says that. It says it goes in "Flight Simulator 9\Effects".Regardless, I have basically done what you suggested (a different manner but accomplished the same thing) and still have the issue. I have noticed that if I disable my "Rwy 12 Static Objects Library" item in the library the white boxes are gone but so are all of the terminal bldgs. I have made sure that no duplicate files exist for any/all of the files that are part of the download so I haven't a clue as to what is causing this.I'm not completely ignorant when it comes to installing scenery but this one has me stumped.