Sign in to follow this  
wb5okj

zipidy do da sounds

andy:-( hi flyboys being a potato munching paddy from ireland and not being the sharpest knife in the drawer.... i need your assistance guys i have fs2002 installed , the problem is that i have no sounds ....do you know how boring it can get having to pretend you are both the pilot and atc at the same time ... trust me it is dreadfull i have tried re-installing the fs2002 three times but i am still in a land of virtual silence... no prop sounds , no engine sounds , no atc , with the exception of wheels rolling .... zip! i posted the same message on the 22nd may and i have had some people viewing the question ... but as yet no one has taken up the challange of getting me back to sanity.surely there must be someone out there in fs land who can help ??you only need two things ...the answer to my confusion , and being able to explain how to fix it to a qualified moron ..... am willing to offer bribes and my daughter to the genius who can stop me cursing at my screen for hours on end ...help !regards slickstick

That is a real problem SlickStick. It is surprising the difference sound can make in this simulator.I can only start with the obvious, I am sure you have tried all this, but perhaps if we get a list of tried and not tried going, it will trigger a thought from some where else. LOLFirst have you hit the "Q", key? The "Q", key turns sound of and on. Or in the menu bar of FS2k2 click Options then make sure that Sound is checked.Next lets try OptionsSettingsSound. Make sure the sliders are pulled to the right at least halfway or more. Just to be sure I would set the sliders all the WAY to the right just to see if I could get any sound at all.Do you have sound in any other program. Make sure you can get sound in any other program, if not then your sound card or sound system may be at fault.Just a few things to start. These are the obvious and you probably have tried these. If so, put out a list of what you have tried, perhaps by looking at what you have already done, someone else may be triggered into a not so obvious thought for us.Good Luck,