Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz123

graphics leak

Guest chezz123

I have a relatively new system and a ATI HD 4850 graphics card. After reinstalling FLY2 with ROTW 2 dvd sets I am having this band of rays. The attached photo is taken from LSGS.Any suggestions to correct this?Thanks

Guest 3cffts

I also experienced a very similar sky display after a new install of Fly! II. I am not certain but it seemed to be associated with my TerraModels installation for KAVL and TerraScenery. I solved the problem with a fresh re-install of Fly! II followed by loading Terrascene and Terramodels files one at a time - I wanted to see if I could find the problem file. I am now almost up to my original complement of scenery and models - all for the USA mid-eastern states, and all now works well. I am using an ATI Radeon graphics card.Cheers,

Guest chezz123
I also experienced a very similar sky display after a new install of Fly! II. I am not certain but it seemed to be associated with my TerraModels installation for KAVL and TerraScenery. I solved the problem with a fresh re-install of Fly! II followed by loading Terrascene and Terramodels files one at a time - I wanted to see if I could find the problem file. I am now almost up to my original complement of scenery and models - all for the USA mid-eastern states, and all now works well. I am using an ATI Radeon graphics card.Cheers,
Hi,What I have is a fresh install of FLY2 and the ROTW 2 dvd sets.

Guest 3cffts

Hi. My problem also occurred after a fresh install.... so I did another install using the original Fly! II CDs.... with the audio turned off. Then, without running Fly!, I installed the patches up to version 240. Then, I installed one scenery file and checked that Fly! ran o.k. ... then added one TerraModels file and checked it still ran o.k. again. It did run fine and has continued to do so with many more scenery and models added since.... and it is still o.k. so I really do not know the exact cause of the problem .... except that it appears to have gone away. I do suspect that there was a conflict somewhere among the scenery and models that I installed all at one time after the first install of Fly! II.Cheers, Brian.

Guest chezz123
Hi. My problem also occurred after a fresh install.... so I did another install using the original Fly! II CDs.... with the audio turned off. Then, without running Fly!, I installed the patches up to version 240. Then, I installed one scenery file and checked that Fly! ran o.k. ... then added one TerraModels file and checked it still ran o.k. again. It did run fine and has continued to do so with many more scenery and models added since.... and it is still o.k. so I really do not know the exact cause of the problem .... except that it appears to have gone away. I do suspect that there was a conflict somewhere among the scenery and models that I installed all at one time after the first install of Fly! II.Cheers, Brian.
Hi,I tried to do a fresh install of FLY2 with the sound off. I'm getting the same graphic leak in some of the FRENCH sceneries however in ohter are everything is fine.

I have a relatively new system and a ATI HD 4850 graphics card. After reinstalling FLY2 with ROTW 2 dvd sets I am having this band of rays. The attached photo is taken from LSGS.Any suggestions to correct this?Thanks
Running an ATI card you will most likely wish to make a small change in your render.ini file. You want to locate the line vertexIndexFormat=0 and try changing the 0 to a 1. Fly! II usually had some quirks with ATI cards, and sertting the vertexindex to a 1 "generally" helped to fix display problems such as your picture shows. Let us know if that helped or not!!Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest chezz123
Running an ATI card you will most likely wish to make a small change in your render.ini file. You want to locate the line vertexIndexFormat=0 and try changing the 0 to a 1. Fly! II usually had some quirks with ATI cards, and sertting the vertexindex to a 1 "generally" helped to fix display problems such as your picture shows. Let us know if that helped or not!!Cheers!
Hi Ken,I tried your suggestion and No Go I still have those graphic leak only in all ROTW sceneries. Also everytime I exit FLY2 i get the Fly2 exe error.Thanks

Hi Ken,I tried your suggestion and No Go I still have those graphic leak only in all ROTW sceneries. Also everytime I exit FLY2 i get the Fly2 exe error.Thanks
<scratching head> okay... Hmmm... :( If it seems to happen with only the ROTW sceneries, I wonder - are you also using TerraModels and if so, are you using the 128 or the 256 texture pod? I know I had an issue with the original Fly! II models when I had originally built the KPWA scenery. Once I switched to TerraModels using the 256 texture pod and rebuilt from scratchI never had the problem again. One problem was the stock fire truck and the "fire station" model. For some reason, they were generating way too many polygons. You might try to see if swapping the TerraModels pods out helps, and / or try placing the a couple of the ROTW scenery pods in the "scenery\shared " folder to see if they work better from there. I know several of my Washington State TerraScene pods I had to place in the shared folder to get them to work with others in the regular scenery\area subfolders I had installed. I've a complete Fly! II backup on an external hard drive, and can send it to my main drive if I have to "for one reason or another" totally redo my main drive (which with my XP and all the "stuff" it wants to update constantly for - I usually have to do a total wipe and reload every few months)... anywho - I can copy my backup Fly! II to the main drive and normally have no problems. Guess we will have to scour the archive section for anything related to this. Am sure it has been covered before. Did you go through the FAQ section above yet? May find some hint in there as well. Can try a search of this forum for video glitch, display problems, etc... see what one may find.Only other thing I can think of - in the render.ini file - is your texture slot for the 1024 textures a one (1) or a (2)? I noticed in several english version read-mes of what few ROTW sceneries I have the mention of changing the value for the 1024 texture slot to a 2. And - may need / require the Henri-Models which is available at the ROTW site under Fly!II Sceneries.Cheers!Ken

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest chezz123
<scratching head> okay... Hmmm... :( If it seems to happen with only the ROTW sceneries, I wonder - are you also using TerraModels and if so, are you using the 128 or the 256 texture pod? I know I had an issue with the original Fly! II models when I had originally built the KPWA scenery. Once I switched to TerraModels using the 256 texture pod and rebuilt from scratchI never had the problem again. One problem was the stock fire truck and the "fire station" model. For some reason, they were generating way too many polygons. You might try to see if swapping the TerraModels pods out helps, and / or try placing the a couple of the ROTW scenery pods in the "scenery\shared " folder to see if they work better from there. I know several of my Washington State TerraScene pods I had to place in the shared folder to get them to work with others in the regular scenery\area subfolders I had installed. I've a complete Fly! II backup on an external hard drive, and can send it to my main drive if I have to "for one reason or another" totally redo my main drive (which with my XP and all the "stuff" it wants to update constantly for - I usually have to do a total wipe and reload every few months)... anywho - I can copy my backup Fly! II to the main drive and normally have no problems. Guess we will have to scour the archive section for anything related to this. Am sure it has been covered before. Did you go through the FAQ section above yet? May find some hint in there as well. Can try a search of this forum for video glitch, display problems, etc... see what one may find.Only other thing I can think of - in the render.ini file - is your texture slot for the 1024 textures a one (1) or a (2)? I noticed in several english version read-mes of what few ROTW sceneries I have the mention of changing the value for the 1024 texture slot to a 2. And - may need / require the Henri-Models which is available at the ROTW site under Fly!II Sceneries.Cheers!Ken
Hi Ken,I moved my FLY2 file to another hard drive and the graphics leak was gone (hmmm stange but I'm a happy FLYer now :) )tthanks