Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Flight dynamics improvements in 2004?

I don't recall reading anything on this topic, if it has indeed been addressed.By dynamics I'm not specifically talking about performance on-the-numbers, but moreso the "feel" factor, especially realistic gentle turbulence.Thanks,Andrew

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm curious too...For the time being, I've been able to replicate turbulence in FS2002 by always flying with winds "gusting".... I usually set a gentle 3-5 knot gust level, even for calm winds. I'm amazed at how good it replicates light chop, especially when coming in for a landing. But I know that's not what you mean... For me, the best feeling of turbulence was delivered in the FU2/FU3 series...-JohnEdit:I should add, I set the wind dir at about a 45 degree angle to my path of flight....

I'm one of those who finds computer generated turbulence usually annoying. I'd probably turn it off. You can get that "swaying, rocking" look from "active camera" if you wish. But I even tone that down.L.Adamson

Hi John,I'll try that out with the low gusts.My problem is that I feel like I'm flying through Jell-o or something instead of air - the aircraft doesn't feel like it has momentum when being pushed around by gusts.Thanks,Andrew>I'm curious too...>>For the time being, I've been able to replicate turbulence in>FS2002 by always flying with winds "gusting".... I usually>set a gentle 3-5 knot gust level, even for calm winds. I'm>amazed at how good it replicates light chop, especially when>coming in for a landing. But I know that's not what you>mean... For me, the best feeling of turbulence was delivered>in the FU2/FU3 series...>>-John>>Edit:>>I should add, I set the wind dir at about a 45 degree angle to>my path of flight....

I may try that out. Active camera, that is.Andrew>I'm one of those who finds computer generated turbulence>usually annoying. I'd probably turn it off. You can get that>"swaying, rocking" look from "active camera" if you wish. But>I even tone that down.>>L.Adamson>>