Sign in to follow this  
Guest racartron

ATTN: Eric Cantu and the FFX crew. I have a small problem!

Hey Gang!I installed the FFX 737-800 update for the winglets version, posted here in the AVSIM library. This update includes an updated texture file for the wheels names MISC_T.bmp; I installed this texture update into each of my FFX 737-800 folders, but now all my wheels on the 737-800 appear blank - untextured. Has anyone run into this issue yet? Is there a fix?Thanks in advance for any help!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Dennis,Problem is they're 24bit, use ImageTool to change them to 32bit and they'll work fine :)

Hey John!Thanks for your response; it at least sheds some light into the issue, however, I've never worked with ImageTool - I never even heard of it. I'm not the most clever guy when it goes to design and painting - if you know what I mean.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

Hey John!What is ImageTool, and where can I get it?Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullert

If you have FS2K2 Pro you have image tool it is buried in the FS2K2 Folders Here is the path:microsoft gamesFS2002gmaxflightsimgamepacksflightsimIf you don't have pro It is available as a download but not sure where.Also note that the winglet textures also need to be converted to 32-bit as well.:-outtahttp://www.flightsimnetwork.com/dcforum/Us...43942b48d2b.jpg

I can't believe the FFX guys would put out an update requiring the end user to use Image Tool to modify it before it can be seen. Doesn't make sense.I have the new files but haven't tried them yet. Not near my "airport" at the moment.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what

RacartronWell I can`t believe the pettiness that is being displayed here.That also does not make sense.You learned something more about FS today so chaulk it up to a learning experiance as not one more cent left your pocket in the process.

If you are referring to me being "petty" about the issue, you are very mistaken. It was just a comment about the install process. Have never seen a situation where the average user was asked to do their own painting -- that's all.I could probably figure out how to do it but have no interest in that area of FS, so will do without winglets on existing birds. Not a big deal. I have way too many of them anyway. In any event, it has no impact on my life -- remember, it's just a game.Racartronit means something, but I just can't remember what