Sign in to follow this  
1mikel151

Is TODAY the GMAX Cheyenne Day?

I love flying the Piper Cheyenne from FSD. However, I'm looking forward to a more realistic model (especially the VC) and hopefully one that doesn't idle so fast and go up to 40 mph on its own. I thought I read somewhere that the new version is coming out today. Is that right, and if not, when's your best guess. Stan

Stan,There was post from Steve Small (FSD) and I recall he said it would be out this weekend, barring any disasters. My only gripe with the current model is also associated with the throttles - during an enroute descent, there is a very narrow portion of the throttle that either sends the airspeed soaring or else drops as if you had deployed speedbrakes. My guess is that FSD was trying to capture the need to carry power almost to touchdown, but the FS2002 turboprop flight model is not up to the task. As for the taxi speed, I find it easier to control if I leave the condition levers at full pitch - not the real procedure, but close enough for ground operations.Dale

Guest SoarPics

"Well...almost today. (-:Should be tomorrow afternoon. We just want to make sure we have everything right."Okay, Tim. But you can't say that we, your loyal customers, never gave you guys a three day weekend. :-) :-) Press on... it'll be done when it's done.

Good news. Tomorrow's the day. I look forward to it, and thanks for the response. I hope it's everything I think it will be. Stan

"Good news. Tomorrow's the day. I look forward to it, and thanks forthe response. I hope it's everything I think it will be. Stan"If it's not I am sure we'll hear about it! ;-)Regards, Michaelhttp://mysite.verizon.net/res052cd/mybannercva1.jpgCalVirAir International VAwww.calvirair.comCougar Mountain Helicopters & Aviationwww.cgrmtnhelos.com

Best, Michael

KDFW