Sign in to follow this  
chrisrothen

pmdg 747 red lines in the pfd and flight route isnt shown in the nd

Hi people, I've got two problems and I don't know, if they're related to each other.I've always got red lines on my pfd and i don't think that it is just a bug. My second problem is, that after entering a flight route in the fmc it isn't shown in the nd and i can't change the display mode anymore.does anybody have an idea?please help, I din't find this topics anywhere.

Hi people, I've got two problems and I don't know, if they're related to each other.I've always got red lines on my pfd and i don't think that it is just a bug. My second problem is, that after entering a flight route in the fmc it isn't shown in the nd and i can't change the display mode anymore.does anybody have an idea?please help, I din't find this topics anywhere.

Chris,About the route not appearing the FMC. Check that the departure airport in the FMC is the same as the airport you are actually at. Sounds obvious but last weeek I put in a flight plan for Sydney to Melbourne, saw nothing on the FMC and when I went to top down view discovered I was in Seattle. See if any of the legs in the FMC are thousands of miles longer than they perhaps should be. As far as the red lines on the pfd are concerned, do you have the autothrottles armed?Gerry

Chris,About the route not appearing the FMC. Check that the departure airport in the FMC is the same as the airport you are actually at. Sounds obvious but last weeek I put in a flight plan for Sydney to Melbourne, saw nothing on the FMC and when I went to top down view discovered I was in Seattle. See if any of the legs in the FMC are thousands of miles longer than they perhaps should be. As far as the red lines on the pfd are concerned, do you have the autothrottles armed?Gerry
Yes,I have the autothrottles armed and the position should be ok, as well (tried it with KLAX again): But the Problem is, that I can't change the CENTER-switch to "map". So mayb there's no problem with the route itself. Every time I hit "execute" on the fmc nothing changes in the nd :(

Yes,I have the autothrottles armed and the position should be ok, as well (tried it with KLAX again): But the Problem is, that I can't change the CENTER-switch to "map". So mayb there's no problem with the route itself. Every time I hit "execute" on the fmc nothing changes in the nd :(
Chris,Re the problem with the ND. Are there any "discontinuities" on the FMC LEGS page? If so do you know how to remove them? In order to change to MAP mode you cannot press the center of the button. Move the mouse until it changes to an arrow pointing both ways on the side of the button and then click. Sorry if this is obvious to you and something you have tried already. Other than that I simply don't know.Gerry

Guest Impersecuto

Hi!I am from Chile and it's my first post.I have exactly the same problem, the pink line with the route doesn't appears in the screen. Anyway if you fly, the aircraft follows the route entered in the FMC and the LNAV works perfectly. Really it's just a visual issue. Maybe this problem is due by other problem: I can't move de mode selector knob so I can't choose between Plan Mode, VOR mode, ILS Mode, etc. In both panels I get the same problem, In 2D and 3D panels I have the same problem. If you want I could upload some screenshots to show you this issue by a more explicit way.Hope you can help me.Please, sorry for my bad english.Regards

Hello guys, i was reading your posts, about your problem and i have a problem since i installed the product for the 1st time. But let me ask you do your altimeter shows something like -7000ft or something like that?Cus i cant insert any route and cant switch the modes a bit like you and with the altimeter bonus....and no one was able to solve this problem. Regards

There have been at least five posts in the past six months with a -7000 altimeter in the 747, but no one has reported back what they found as the fix.Send a message to pmdg support, be sure to get an automatic response, and I bet they help out. Sure would like to learn the answer to this one.Oh yes, please sign your name to posts in this forum.

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest WannabePilot

Hello AllI am facing all these symptoms myself: Burried under 7000 feet, red lines on the PFD (I suspect that must be the smoldering lava all around), No way points, or route or GPS fixes displayed on the ND, it neither responds to the display option buttonss nor the mode selector knob. Have you guys been able to solve this problem ??As for the incorrect altitude, you can simply click at the center of the knob (in the same small panel right above the PFD and ND), towards the top right (Baro selection between IN and HPA), and the altitude will correct itself. Cheers

Hello guys, i was reading your posts, about your problem and i have a problem since i installed the product for the 1st time. But let me ask you do your altimeter shows something like -7000ft or something like that?Cus i cant insert any route and cant switch the modes a bit like you and with the altimeter bonus....and no one was able to solve this problem. Regards

HiI solved it by simply reinstalling it. I'm sorry for you other people who have the same problem but I still don't know what was wrong...good luck, Chris