Sign in to follow this  
flyer767

MD11 Crashes when clicking the displays

Hello:When I click on any of the displays including the FMS, FSX crashes. Sometimes if I start to fly with out clicking the displays they will work. I have had the MD11 for six months so this is a new problem. I have to do multiple boots to get the problem to go away.Any ideas would be appreciated.Don

Try running the MD11 installer and selecting repair option for both aircraft and the Visual C++ runtime module(s). Just an idea.

Dan Downs KCRP

Hello DonI'm sorry but I can't help you. Since today I have the same problem like you. I have NO idea what is going on here. After flying a lot of hours without any problems, my FS9.1 hangs when I push the button BLOCK (Fuel) on INIT page 2 on the FMS. :( And there is no way at all to return to the desktop - so I have to break down my computer every time this happens. The crazy thing is, if I have to shutdown the computer the sound of the flightsim and the ATC is running with no problems..! It seems only the screen and all the keyboards are frozen.Would be very happy if someone could help us!Thanks a lot to all,Boris, Switzerland

Try running the MD11 installer and selecting repair option for both aircraft and the Visual C++ runtime module(s). Just an idea.
HelloPleaes could you explain shortly where I can re-install this Visual C++ runtime module.I would like to try it out.Thanks, Boris

HelloPleaes could you explain shortly where I can re-install this Visual C++ runtime module.I would like to try it out.Thanks, Boris
I found the solution: Thanks to John! (see posting above)I did as he described and have deleted all my saved flights (My Docs..Flight Sim Files...) and for now everything is working fine again!I am so happy about that and now on my way from Basel to Delhi this night of course in an MD-11F ..!Hope this helps to all the other flight simmers too...Boris :(