Sign in to follow this  
Guest kcs4366

Some files are still corrupted

Guest kcs4366

Congrats on getting the library back but I tried to download the freeware FS genesis 38.2m terrain mesh. It downloaded to my computer but as soon as I tried to unzip them winrar says the files are corrupted, Can you please check them out?

Guest dagandolfo

I will add to this, thanks for getting the library back up considering the monumental task you faced.I have also however found a file which is causing problems.I downloaded the ISD Project Venice scenery http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=43556when I extract I get a CRC error on the extracted installer and it fails to run. I tried downloading it several times but it appears that the file has been damaged.If anyone reading this does have a working copy of the ISD LIPZ scenery I would be gratefull if you could contact me and tell me how to get hold of it.Dave

I downloaded about a dozen files today but unfortunately three of them were corrupted when I tried to open the files with Winzip. The files are as follows:-a318_base.zip737exgol.zip757klm.zipI have been able to get them from other sources.Great that the library is now back and working againPeter M

Guest MSL73

I've been using the library search enigne today and I have noticed a number of files that have the avsim tail logo and the message underneath saying 'Oops! file not found',is this becouse some of the files have not been recoverable by the library staff?.I remember that when AVSIM was hacked back in may a number of files suddenly appeared in the library with this message,I dont know if the library staff are aware that a number of files are not availible.Appologies if you are aware,but I thought I should let you know.

Why can't anybody read the sticky that says "Avsim Library Status - READ BEFORE POSTING"?

Best Regards,
Kyle Schurb
Developer of Virtual Cockpits, Sceneries, and Liveries.
Instrument-Rated Commercial Pilot AMEL, CFI/CFII/MEI

Guest dagandolfo
Why can't anybody read the sticky that says "Avsim Library Status - READ BEFORE POSTING"?
I read sticky prior to posting but doesn't mention what to do if recovered files turn out to be corrupted. If I'd had a an "oops" message I wouldnt have posted, but the file was located and downloadable

Guest 787seattle
I read sticky prior to posting but doesn't mention what to do if recovered files turn out to be corrupted. If I'd had a an "oops" message I wouldnt have posted, but the file was located and downloadable
It doesn't say to do anything. If the file is corrupted, maybe you can't do anything!

Guest Matt Johnson
It doesn't say to do anything. If the file is corrupted, maybe you can't do anything!
As I said, there is approximately 10% of the files which still need to be processed. Of these 10% of the files, some will be corrupt, and have not yet been removed from the Library or corrected via other technological means.

Guest dagandolfo

@MattIs there a procedure to report problem files to get them checked further, or are you guys actually opening and testing every archive in the library?CheersDave