Sign in to follow this  
arvidlille

Really strange problem

Yea, I've tried many things now too. I just believe it's part of the sim. Something about the cursor moving in the 3D environment puts a strain on the system, I guess it's understandable. If anyone figures out a work around better then putting a small 2-d window in the corner let me know.

Yea, I've tried many things now too. I just believe it's part of the sim. Something about the cursor moving in the 3D environment puts a strain on the system, I guess it's understandable. If anyone figures out a work around better then putting a small 2-d window in the corner let me know.
Tried your tip with a small 2d window, and it seems to "work" here as well. When the mouse is over the little 2d panel everything is fine, and when moving the mouse around there is still some stuttering but it comes to an end much faster now. Guess we`ll have to speculate a little more to find som permanent solution (if there is any...) :(

Tried your tip with a small 2d window, and it seems to "work" here as well. When the mouse is over the little 2d panel everything is fine, and when moving the mouse around there is still some stuttering but it comes to an end much faster now. Guess we`ll have to speculate a little more to find som permanent solution (if there is any...) :(
Do you have mouse shadows enabled? (Control Panel - Mice - enable/disable pointer shadows). If you do, try switching them off and then go back into FS. Can cause a problem on my Nvidia card, and not just with FS9 - happened with Remote Desktop too.Leo

Louise

London, UK

Do you have mouse shadows enabled? (Control Panel - Mice - enable/disable pointer shadows). If you do, try switching them off and then go back into FS. Can cause a problem on my Nvidia card, and not just with FS9 - happened with Remote Desktop too.Leo
I don't believe I do. Will I will check tonight (not on my FS computer now), will report back.

Hi Leo!Yes, I have read about that when i did some googling, but I have no mouse shadows (or any) enabled.

Guest belga1

hello,Many questions and answers here .. and I have one (question) more :)Do you have this problem from the first run of FS2004 (and so it's the first time you used FS2004) or FS2004 was running well .. and suddenly the mouse prob appears ?If the prob suddenly appears .. you must try to remind wich modification(s) was made to your sim or OS.Hope it's help.Regards.bye.gifGus.

hello,Many questions and answers here .. and I have one (question) more :)Do you have this problem from the first run of FS2004 (and so it's the first time you used FS2004) or FS2004 was running well .. and suddenly the mouse prob appears ?If the prob suddenly appears .. you must try to remind wich modification(s) was made to your sim or OS.Hope it's help.Regards.bye.gifGus.
Hi Gus!This problem happened from a couple of months ago (thats when i discovered it). I`m into troubleshooting right know, and I have used FS2004 from the beginning. Yes I thought it must be something regarding my driver updates or OS updates, since it was no problem previous (or I did not notice it???). The strange thing is that I did a fresh basic XP install with just SP2, and a clean FS9 install. You cant get this "moving-mouse-in-3d-cockpit-stutter" with default aircrafts so i put in wilco and pmdg and there it was again. mmmm strange stuff.

I've had this problem from the very first time I installed fs9 from a clean install of XP. At the time I did not know it was mouse in VC related (I knew it happened when i opened up ATC window, but have no figured out that it is connected to the mouse problem). The reason you only see this problem wilco or PMDG is because its only relative when your system is pretty much at 100% maxed out.I now do believe it's part of fs9 and there is not fix for it.

Guest belga1

Hello,

wilco or PMDG is because its only relative when your system is pretty much at 100% maxed out.
Geez Louise ... what system is necessary for run good such addon's ? seem's the OP system have some power ... :( Maybe a Cray ? :( Regards.bye.gifGus.

Hello,Geez Louise ... what system is necessary for run good such addon's ? seem's the OP system have some power ... :( Maybe a Cray ? :( Regards.bye.gifGus.
I have a similar computer with a faster CPU and my system can easily be maxed out in fs9 with all the add-ons. The biggest thing is weather. I have to run 512x512 DXT clouds or less my FPS would be in the mid 20s (i have to play with atleast 35). Its really all relative to what kind of add-ons you run.

Hi fellow simmers! I`m bringing this thread up again, due to a solution i found regarding my FPS drop when moving the mouse around. Installed another 2Gb of memory and (belive it or not) kicked out XP and tried Vista (clean with deactivation of lot of processes). Works like a dream now :(