Sign in to follow this  
CaptEm1

PMDG Key Assignment Problem

I understand people have AP and AT disc on their yokes, how do you guys do it? The Key assignment menu only recognizes keyboard input, so how do you assign yoke buttons? I've been flying with PMDG for years, but I must've missed something super obvious on this one. Please, do tell ;)

Hi EmilFirst of all, wich yoke do you have? If you have a Saitek yoke, the software following it allows you to assign keystrokes to your buttons. Another way is if you have a registered version of FSUIPC, this will also give you the ability to assign keystrokes to your buttons, but bear in mind that I have had some problems with PMDG not recognizing the keystrokes set in FSUIPC, but I do think thats a local problem with my comp. I use the Saitek software myself.Hope this helpsRegards Audun Sj

Thanks for the reply. I have a CH yoke and as far as I know no software came with it. And I'm not using FSUIPC at the moment. If there are no other ways I guess I'll have to continue living with it. :( Thanks again my fellow norwegian simmer. ;)

Set the keys in flight sim, you do not need any other software.

Is there a A/T and A/P disc in FSX that works with PMDG planes? If so, problem solved, but I don't think there is.

not been resolved yet, bumping
You can download the control manager software for free from CH own homepage: http://www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_control_manager.htmlYou can bind the 'AP disconnect' form the PMDG menu to a key, and bind the same key to a button in the control manager for CH products. I use FSUIPC for this, then you can do the control binding from inside flightsim. And with the FSUIPC you can bind 'gear up' to one button and 'gear down' to another button (using the flipp buttons). You have to buy the register version for these functions.Ha en fin dag!

Stian Beinset

ENML

You can download the control manager software for free from CH own homepage: http://www.chproducts.com/retail/tech_control_manager.htmlYou can bind the 'AP disconnect' form the PMDG menu to a key, and bind the same key to a button in the control manager for CH products. I use FSUIPC for this, then you can do the control binding from inside flightsim. And with the FSUIPC you can bind 'gear up' to one button and 'gear down' to another button (using the flipp buttons). You have to buy the register version for these functions.Ha en fin dag!
Just make sure that the keys you assign for the yoke are removed from the MSFS key assignments. That applies for both FSUIPC and the CH software. It can cause you to beat your head against the monitor; I know from experience. :(

Just make sure that the keys you assign for the yoke are removed from the MSFS key assignments. That applies for both FSUIPC and the CH software. It can cause you to beat your head against the monitor; I know from experience. :(
Yes, and other addon key assignments as well. FSX keept crashing on me whenever I pressed the 'F' key, it turn out that I had bind the 'F' key to a function in Leonardo MD-80 key binding setup. I though it was a bug in PMDG MD-11 until I discovered that FSX crash in a default plane as well. Remember to keep an eye on your key binding.

Stian Beinset

ENML