Sign in to follow this  
Guest Scratch1964

ZIP FILE PROBLEMS!

Guest GALAXY2517

I can download all the files without any problems, but am unable to get the file transferred into Microsoft train simulator.....The files end up on my desktop or in my documents.How do I get them into the train sim directory?

Guest Scratch1964

Galaxy...Firstly forgive my ignorance please. Am I correct in assuming that you are relatively new to this and perhaps a little unsure of the correct way to install your downloads, or, is the problem not that you are unsure but something far more technical than that?If it is just that you are unsure then I can help, otherwise I will be rather embarrassed in telling you what you already know. Here goes...Once you have downloaded your file from the library to a place of your choice (I use a separate external HDD and direct all of my downloads there to keep my internal HDD as free as possible) then you need to access the file with a program such as WinZip or similar unzipping tool. If you haven't already then you must get a copy of one of these unzipping tools. Majorgeeks.com has many freeware and payware unzipping tools.If you double click on the file using WinZip it will be automatically unzipped. You an then either extract all files to a temporary folder in 'my documents' or open the 'ReadMe' file and follow the authors instructions. The ReadMe may just tell you to extract everything to a certain folder or perhaps one group of files to one folder and another group to another folder.It is slighly more complicated than with flight simulator as you sometimes need a whole load of consists just for the route to show up, Just follow the instructions implicitly and you should be fine. It's also a good idea to back up your HDD before undertaking any installation.I hope this is the kind of information you require. If you knew all of the above anyway and it is something more technical then I apologise for misinterpreting your post. There are other folks on here far more technically minded than I that will be able to help with any other queries you may have.Good Luck.Scratch1964