Sign in to follow this  
chris41

FMC altitude restriction

Can you enter into the FMC a heading and altitude restriction...example: 249* (1700)I've seen an example of this in the FMC manual but unless I read wrong, it wasn't explained how to enter this inThanks,Chris

Can you enter into the FMC a heading and altitude restriction...example: 249* (1700)I've seen an example of this in the FMC manual but unless I read wrong, it wasn't explained how to enter this inThanks,Chris
Hey Chris, you dont mention what Aircaft?? Anyway you cant enter heading restrictions, only Alt restrictions, it's explaned in the FMC docs for the 747,MD11 dont own the 737 but I'm sure it's in there too.Rob

Rob Prest

Thanks, I posted because I was watching a youtube video and on the actual aircraft they zoomed in on the FMC and on the legs page they had a waypt just like example I originaly posted. It must have been something differentthanks,Chris

Thanks, I posted because I was watching a youtube video and on the actual aircraft they zoomed in on the FMC and on the legs page they had a waypt just like example I originaly posted. It must have been something differentthanks,Chris
That would have been the Heading to the next waypoint and the Alt restriction. You dont need to enter the heading to the next waypoint yourself, the aircraft calculates that for you, however you may need to edit the Alt restriction to comply with ATC for example, you would achieve this by pushing the Right LSK next to the waypoint and performing a Vertical revision.RegardsRob

Rob Prest