Sign in to follow this  
Guest jabberthecat

Non stop crashes - sim1.dll, terrain.dll, ai_player.dll, - Help

I am having alot of .dll errors, almost non-stop.I have disk-scanned and defragged. Do I need touninstall / reinstall FS2002?I have FS-Genesis Mesh, a few payware planes, FSMeteo,FSNavigator, on motherboard sound. And just added Ultimatetraffic. I was experiencing a high level of these errorsbefore UT - now it is almost nonstop - trying to get off theground with 100%ai at Simflyers Newark.Any ideas?- Myles

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I think I might have some over-heating problems. This morning after the PC was off for several hours I have gotten no crashes in the 10 or some minutes I am taxiing.My cpu temp is climbing from 40 C to 65 C - problem is I don't knowwhat it has traditionally been running at.But I was getting freezes and stutters/freezes in addition to all the .dll errors.I will see what happens with this line of thinking. Will consider a FS2002 install / reinstall if temp is not the problem.THanks,Myles

I checked my heatsink and fan - covered with dust / cat hair.Cleaned those ( still need to clean better ) and dropped the CPUtemp by 10 C.Just completed a 1.5 hour flying session without a single crash.I think ALL my .dll crashes, sound stutter freezes, and PC freezeswere due to the overheating.Just something to think about as draws upon us.- Myles