Sign in to follow this  
palafox

Issue with copters

Hi,The problem is that, this evening, I've realized that whenever I start a new flight with a helicopter (I've seen it with both the default Bell and Robinson), the rotor is already rotating, in spite of being a cold-and-dark start. It only stops when fuel is cut off (Ctrl-Shift-F1). At first, I suspected this was related to the Flight 1 Heli Traffic 2009 add-on I've just installed, but uninstalling its module was of no use. Also, in FSX the problem doesn't happen.Any help would be greatly appreciated. Not a critical problem, but rather annoying. Thanks in advance,******* A. Mora

I believe that is an issue with the default helis in fs9. I too have a default 'cold and dark' yet the default chopers always load with engines started. However when using add-ons, it is possible to get them to load with engines off. Maybe someone else has a better answer.

Have you tried cutting the fuel, switching off all electrics, waiting for the rotor to stop turning and then (re)saving the flight ?Hans

Thank you both, red1 and Hans.

Have you tried cutting the fuel, switching off all electrics, waiting for the rotor to stop turning and then (re)saving the flight ?Hans
Have made what you've suggested and when the flight is reloaded everything is just as saved, even after restarting fs9.But whenever I create a new flight, the blessed thing starts with the rotor turning... My default flight pictures the good old default Cessna 172 peacefully parked in LEZL, with a cold and dark cockpit. All default, and most of the add-on, prop and jet aircrafts (except those configured otherwise) start the same, but, as red1 said, it seems to be an "undocumented feature" of the default rotorcrafts in fs9. Add-on copters, on the other hand, behave ok.My solution: add a new pre-flight checklist entry "Be sure all is off and just wait the rotor stops turning."More serious is another problem: in the middle of my last fligth LEJR/GECE, suddenly all the instruments of the default Bell 206 went off, except of the altimeter, speedometer and VS meter. Battery exhausted, I guessed. But for the life of mine I can't find the generator switch anywhere :(

Thank you both, red1 and Hans.Have made what you've suggested and when the flight is reloaded everything is just as saved, even after restarting fs9.But whenever I create a new flight, the blessed thing starts with the rotor turning... My default flight pictures the good old default Cessna 172 peacefully parked in LEZL, with a cold and dark cockpit. All default, and most of the add-on, prop and jet aircrafts (except those configured otherwise) start the same, but, as red1 said, it seems to be an "undocumented feature" of the default rotorcrafts in fs9. Add-on copters, on the other hand, behave ok.My solution: add a new pre-flight checklist entry "Be sure all is off and just wait the rotor stops turning."More serious is another problem: in the middle of my last fligth LEJR/GECE, suddenly all the instruments of the default Bell 206 went off, except of the altimeter, speedometer and VS meter. Battery exhausted, I guessed. But for the life of mine I can't find the generator switch anywhere :(
my sugestion, STOP flying default heli's. There are too many good freeware Helicopters out there. HoverControl websiteCarl Perry

my sugestion, STOP flying default heli's. There are too many good freeware Helicopters out there. HoverControl websiteCarl Perry
Wow, thanks a lot! Great site! Jes