Sign in to follow this  
Guest dogknot

Lear45 Air File

A couple of questions: I am just now starting to step up into the world of turbine aircraft and am trying to figure out how to handle the Lear. First, has one of the wonderful wizards of airfiles (like Steve Small...) worked their art and skill on the Learjet? If so, where can I get it? I didn't see anything in the library here or at FSD.Second, in the default airfile, I get periodic, random, un-commanded right roll moments that are significant and severe. Like 30 - 45 degrees in less than a second. And full left aileron/rudder doesn't stop it for a period and then eventually will go back the other way. I have FSUIPC, the turbulence is turned off, no wind set up, no gusts. The flight condition doesn't seem to make any difference. Climbs, Glides, Approach, Straight and Level. I've been hand flying it so I don't know if it does it on autopilot. It even tried to do it during the takeoff roll, at about 40 knots, with all three gear still on the blacktop.I fly with the PFC Cirrus II, FSUIPC, the latest pfc driver and the 4 - engine quad set for two engines. I've tried to widen the dead zone for roll control in the PFC driver but it hasn't helped any. And it doesn't do this with any of the prop aircraft and my son, who fly's the jets regularly, has said he hasn't noticed it in anything but the Lear either.Any suggestions?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The stock Lear is a carry-over from FS2K. It even carried over the extremely "twitchy" flight dynamics! I don't think Steve Small has done a re-build for this aircraft, but I know there is an improved file out there. I just havn't tried it. I don't remember severe roll moments though. Just terribly sensitive "pitch".L.Adamson

There is a file in the library here called LEARIB.ZIPIt is a GMAX Lear 45 by Rick Sasala with improved flight dynamics by Al Whitney, a revised panel by Jorge Salas and sounds by Aaron Swindle. A definite improvement over the default.http://jdtllc.com/images/RCsupporter.jpg

Learjet 45 Repair Kit 1 in the avsim libraryhttp://library.avsim.net/search.php?Search...=Root&Go=Search The Iberia GMAX Learjet 'Complete Package' already mentioned is a good replacement and uses the files from the 45 Repair Kit 1.learib.zip There is also a 'Flight Dynamic Package' fdp2003.zip that includes reworked default Lear 45 goodies.Happy Flying! :-wave