Sign in to follow this  
Guest Marty1

Autothrottle Trouble

Guest Marty1

Hey all! During descent and approach the autothrottle is constantly reving up and down. It happens with the FFX 737's and the Posky CRJ. Does anyone know of a fix?

Guest Rockcliffe

I don't think the POSKY CRJ has an autothrottle.Blair

>Hey all! During descent and approach the autothrottle is>constantly reving up and down. It happens with the FFX 737's>and the Posky CRJ. Does anyone know of a fix? Hi David..It is the nature of the A/T to ramp up and down.. but it's envelope will generally damp out. I have seen at least two cases of severe A/T hunting that did not damp at low speed and low fuel cruise. One of which is documented in the following post:http://www.simufly.com/cgi-local/YaBB/YaBB...7675982;start=0Someone once mentioned that if you have two dual-axis controllers connected to you PC at once, throttle hunting could occur. I have not verified it however. Since Motocross Madness2 is so KewL and I play that a lot.. sometimes a Freestyle Pro controller is also connected to the USB.. and that can have slew and control issues as well. It get's disconnected when flying.Check to see if you have multiple input devices and check the assignments pulldown for conflicts. Again, this was just here-say and has not been confirmed. Cheers..!!

Guest Marty1

I did have my Wingman Formula in my other USB port so I removed it but it didnt work. Thanks anyway.

I've had the same problem with using up to three usb devices in FS at once.As you know, it's near impossible to fly helicopters with a yoke, so I've tried to leave my yoke, pedals, and MSFF2 stick all plugged in at the same time. Everything ends up getting all screwy unless I disable all the axis's of the device I'm not using. It'd sure be nice to be able to leave them all plugged in and just use the one I want to, without having to disable or disconnect all the time.Anyone have any ideas?This week I'm flying helicopters :)KyleCF-AOA

It is true that the AT may rev up and down somewhat as the a/c gets stabilized at reduced speed on the GS/LOC, and that eventually it will settle at the VreF+margin speed. But in some cases, the range of N1 movement remains unacceptably high and causes the approach to become destabilized because IAS fluctuates excessively.I've had similar problems with certain other types of a/c (POSKY 744s and PSS a/c among them). I think in some (maybe most) cases it's a function of "joystick noise", i.e., conflict between the joystick throttle wheel setting/positioning and something in the sim that affects throttle/thrust. Some folks have cured it by using FSUIPC's functions relating to throttle controls, but I never figured it out and just live with it when it happens. Or I don't use those a/c which generate such a conflict.Another approach is to turn off AT and use throttle manually during the approach phase, say, from 1500' AGL down.I have found that since I went back from using CH USB equipment to using MSFS Force Feedback 2 equipment this throttle conflict has either disappeared or been attenuated significantly. In particular, I find that it has disappeared altogether using PSS aircraft which is wonderful news for me. I wonder if this is because the MSFS FFB2 stick is inherently more compatible with the MS sim? Just guessing, I have no real idea.JS

Hey,I seem to know the answer to the problem. It's the .air file of the FFX planes. I took the .air file of the default 737, renamed it in the FFX folders, and your (and mine) AT problem was gone. Maybe it's the answer to your problem.Jeroen,Velserbroek,The Netherlands

Regards,

Jeroen

The Netherlands

Guest Marty1

Hey thanks, I'll give it a go!