Sign in to follow this  

Hello...i am pretty new in FSX... and i wanted to ask some questions,dont know if this is the right place(sorry if it isnt)i was searching on inet for some time about specific Joystick settings... FF strenght,center spring etc.what of these settings can make me feel more realistic in Air?can someone point me in right direction?

Hello...i am pretty new in FSX... and i wanted to ask some questions,dont know if this is the right place(sorry if it isnt)i was searching on inet for some time about specific Joystick settings... FF strenght,center spring etc.what of these settings can make me feel more realistic in Air?can someone point me in right direction?

any "just settings" solution? without buyin software...
HelloNot if you really want realistic force feedback and trim .FS9 and FSX's own FF is poor to be honest.FSForce is very good at what it does and I would rather not have FF, if FSforce was not available.

Guest JamesWoods

For what its worth, i did buy FSforce.I did not like it much cause the idea of shaky joystick during taxi did not really appeal to me, and i also dont think its good for a joystick you want to last.Plus there is a pitch gauge it needs to install in your craft, does not work for all aircraft. Its added complexity i dont want to add to my fsx.Some people may like it , but i dont, too much hassle for what its worth.What worked for me is playing around with the FSX settings and also the Logitech settings in the utility.As a rule of thumb, i make the joystick heavy using logitech Global Device Settings. Heavy joystick feels less flimsy expecially when landing.I think you need a saved flight where you have runway in sight, then use this flight to tune the stick using FSX settings and Logitech settings.It also good to tune the joystick for taxi by going for drive round the airport as you adjust.I usually make my FSX joystick settings more sensitive for heavy jets , elevator, airleron, rudder.If you dont have much time and could do without the hassle of another addon, tune logitech FF stick rather than using addon that increases complexity.After installing fsforce i had some issue with joystick failing during landing, not always but once, then i removed FSforce, and the issue happened again once. Meaning what ever FSforce chnaged in my system did not completly go away with the uninstall. But am now using fresh OS and fsx install and i have not seen the issue since.Conclusion back up everything you can think of before installing Fsforce cause it seems it does not fully restore your fsx when its uninstalled.Try to use FSX settings and logitech settings to tune your joystick to your liking rather than purchasing this addon, your life will be less complicated for it, should things go wroung.When flying planes you know well, turn of the auto pilot from time to time to hand-fly the plane so you can get to know the joystick or tune it. Hand fly some approaches, climbs, cruise, landings. These are all opportunities to tune the joystick.My rule is, make the joystick heavy enough using logitech global device settings, so that any natural shake in your hands does not shake the joystick too.Make the joystick light enough so that you can do the more advanced flying required during landing.Make sure to enable centrering force in logitech, i use 100+That is what works for me, and everytime i turn off the autopilot to handly, its an opportunity to tune it even better. No extra addon comlication required for this.In my experince logitech 3d pro is great when made firm enough, but light enough so you dont have to fight the stick to manuver.

For what its worth, i did buy FSforce.I did not like it much cause the idea of shaky joystick during taxi did not really appeal to me, and i also dont think its good for a joystick you want to last.Plus there is a pitch gauge it needs to install in your craft, does not work for all aircraft. Its added complexity i dont want to add to my fsx.Some people may like it , but i dont, too much hassle for what its worth.What worked for me is playing around with the FSX settings and also the Logitech settings in the utility.As a rule of thumb, i make the joystick heavy using logitech Global Device Settings. Heavy joystick feels less flimsy expecially when landing.I think you need a saved flight where you have runway in sight, then use this flight to tune the stick using FSX settings and Logitech settings.It also good to tune the joystick for taxi by going for drive round the airport as you adjust.I usually make my FSX joystick settings more sensitive for heavy jets , elevator, airleron, rudder.If you dont have much time and could do without the hassle of another addon, tune logitech FF stick rather than using addon that increases complexity.After installing fsforce i had some issue with joystick failing during landing, not always but once, then i removed FSforce, and the issue happened again once. Meaning what ever FSforce chnaged in my system did not completly go away with the uninstall. But am now using fresh OS and fsx install and i have not seen the issue since.Conclusion back up everything you can think of before installing Fsforce cause it seems it does not fully restore your fsx when its uninstalled.Try to use FSX settings and logitech settings to tune your joystick to your liking rather than purchasing this addon, your life will be less complicated for it, should things go wroung.When flying planes you know well, turn of the auto pilot from time to time to hand-fly the plane so you can get to know the joystick or tune it. Hand fly some approaches, climbs, cruise, landings. These are all opportunities to tune the joystick.My rule is, make the joystick heavy enough using logitech global device settings, so that any natural shake in your hands does not shake the joystick too.Make the joystick light enough so that you can do the more advanced flying required during landing.Make sure to enable centrering force in logitech, i use 100+That is what works for me, and everytime i turn off the autopilot to handly, its an opportunity to tune it even better. No extra addon comlication required for this.In my experince logitech 3d pro is great when made firm enough, but light enough so you dont have to fight the stick to manuver.
Hello"I did not like it much cause the idea of shaky joystick during taxi did not really appeal to me,"That is why FSForce has a profile editor so you can tune the forces to suit your own taste.If you did not want the joystick to shake then edit the ground bump force, thats the whole point of the editor.

Guest JamesWoods
That is why FSForce has a profile editor so you can tune the forces to suit your own taste.If you did not want the joystick to shake then edit the ground bump force, thats the whole point of the editor
yeh you are correct about the fact that there is editor to fix options one does not like.After using FSX for about 3 years now, i have come to the conclusion that the fewer addons i use the better off i am cause fsx is just too problematic on its own , never mind addons.As i type i just finished reinstall of ultimatetraffic2 cuase i was having some sound issues with AI traffic.If i took the time to learn the details of FsForce and tweaked to my perfection , i would probably prefer it, but the problem is i dont have the time to justify for anything fsx anymore, besides actually flying for change.I have had it with addon, after addon, after addon, and some even break your FSX when you install them.That is why i am more anti addon simer this days.I have to admit, i made just about 2 flights with FsForce before i said, the FsForce effect is not worth the bother of getting it tweaked perfectly, that is for me.Maybe those of you who use Fsforce could post a guide on how to tweak the stuff, for folks likeme who dont have the time anymore.That said i like the smooth effect i get withtout FsForce, but then liek you mentioned it prob cause i dont know how to config FsForce.

yeh you are correct about the fact that there is editor to fix options one does not like.After using FSX for about 3 years now, i have come to the conclusion that the fewer addons i use the better off i am cause fsx is just too problematic on its own , never mind addons.As i type i just finished reinstall of ultimatetraffic2 cuase i was having some sound issues with AI traffic.If i took the time to learn the details of FsForce and tweaked to my perfection , i would probably prefer it, but the problem is i dont have the time to justify for anything fsx anymore, besides actually flying for change.I have had it with addon, after addon, after addon, and some even break your FSX when you install them.That is why i am more anti addon simer this days.I have to admit, i made just about 2 flights with FsForce before i said, the FsForce effect is not worth the bother of getting it tweaked perfectly, that is for me.Maybe those of you who use Fsforce could post a guide on how to tweak the stuff, for folks likeme who dont have the time anymore.That said i like the smooth effect i get withtout FsForce, but then liek you mentioned it prob cause i dont know how to config FsForce.
Hello JamesI know how you feel, sometimes less is moreYou can end up spending more time tweaking and configuring software than you do flying.