Sign in to follow this  
IanHenry

Advice on Computer Spec needed

Hi, I am thinking about buying a new system to run FSX on. Can anyone help with advice about the spec? The system that I have in mind is as follows:Intel X-58 socket 1366 MotherboardIntel i7 920 2.66GHz 8Mb Processor3 x 2048 MHz 1333 RAMNVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 512 MB Graphics1TB SATA 3.0Gb/s 7200 RPM Hard DriveWill this system give satisfactory results. I have my resolution set to 1920x1080So will this Graphics card up to the job particularly as it only has 512 MB of memory?I am rather ignorant about computer hardware so any help will be very much appreciated.Thanks,

Nothing wrong with your selections but just few suggestions that may give FSX a boost...Intel motherboards do not allow for overclocking, where as the eVGA x58 or Asus P6T do.You might consider upgrading to a eVGA GTX275 896MB card.Prices are similar consider a RAM upgrade to 1600. Many feel FSX runs best with i7's clocked at 3.6GHz + using a GTX275 or 285.

Nothing wrong with your selections but just few suggestions that may give FSX a boost...Intel motherboards do not allow for overclocking, where as the eVGA x58 or Asus P6T do.You might consider upgrading to a eVGA GTX275 896MB card.Prices are similar consider a RAM upgrade to 1600. Many feel FSX runs best with i7's clocked at 3.6GHz + using a GTX275 or 285.
Many Thanks for your reply and suggestions Jack.Ian