Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

NickN - O&O Defrag version 12.0.163

The other day I received the same offer for 50% off the update as discussed in Nick's thread here (new thread started for obvious reasons).I bought it and so far only applied it to my my FSX Client rig (Win7 Ultimate x64) and it seems to work fine. This defrag update is versioned 12.0.163. The zone defrag is kind of cool because by default, it pushed C:\Windows and C:\Program Files out to the front edge of the drive in a Complete\Name format (red zone). The middle zone (yellow) is all the user files and folders formated in Complete\Access method, and the inner (blue) zone is setup for seldom accessed files in a Complete\Space format. The zone configurations for each file/folder or physical drive are completely customizable but seems to work well from a logical standpoint.I have not yet installed it on my FSX Server rig (WinXP x64) because I could use Nick's thoughts on its Complete\Name performance characteristics and make sure it's not borked.Nick, are the defrag algorithms up-to-snuff on this new version 12? Zoned or not?For my particular FSX rig configuration, I'm thinking my C: Windows (OS) drive might use the new zone rules, then apply the standard Complete\Name (no zone) for my FSX raid array on the D: drive, and a simple Complete\Space defrag for my 'archives' E: drive.

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Guest Nick_N

I have not as of yet installed and worked with the v12 O&O product. Until I have time to do so I can not make any recommendation about it and how to use it correctly. It would appear they did take note of some changes I had suggested some time ago however right now I am dialed into other projects and do not have a day to spare in looking over the new format and testing the result. I will as soon as I can