Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest n707jt

STALL warning

Guest n707jt

Hi guysI am very new to XML and I am trying to create a STALL warning sign for my HUD. I copied the STALL file from the default FS9 747 EICAS and I am attempting to modify it (say the font size and position) but I can't seem to get it. It is still staying at its original position. Why is this so? :S

<Element>			<Position X="80" Y="100"/>			<Text X="47" Y="6" Bright="Yes" Length="4" Font="Civa Gauge Font" Color="Red" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">			   <String>%(  0 (A:Stall warning, bool) 0 << | (A:Overspeed warning, bool) 1 <<  |  d s0 (>L:Current warnings, mask) (L:Displayed warnings, mask) ~ & s1 if{ l1  (>L:Displayed warn, mask) } l0 (>L:Displayed warnings, mask) l0 (L:Displayed warn, mask) & s1 (>L:Displayed warn, mask))%(l1 2 &)%{if}OVERSPEED%{else}%(l1 1 &)%{if}STALL%{end}%{end}</String>			</Text>	</Element>

You have no FontSize= in the <Text> entry. The <Position X="xx" Y="yy"/> entry determines where within the gauge the text line will be displayed.

<Position X="80" Y="100"/>			<Text X="47" Y="6" Bright="Yes" Length="4" Font="Civa Gauge Font" Color="Red" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">

The above is very "obsolete" formatting instructions. Try using this instead. Adjust the Y="yy" to match the FontSize="ff" entry:

<Position X="80" Y="100"/> <Text X="47" Y="12" Bright="Yes" Font="Civa Gauge Font" FontSize="10" Color="Red" Adjust="Center" VerticalAdjust="Center" Multiline="No">