Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HiFSX accel,ASA build 435 running on networked PC simconnectEver since day 1 with ASA I have been frustrated by clouds vapourising, condensing away in front of me? do other users get this problem and is there a way to stop it? Its not very realistic! maybe I have a setting worng somewhere?regs Keith

Hi Keith,Are you using B433 of ASA?On the cloud options page is Prevent Cloud Redraws checked On?Is Direct Wind Control also checked On?Please let us know.Thanks,

Hi Keith,Are you using B433 of ASA?On the cloud options page is Prevent Cloud Redraws checked On?Is Direct Wind Control also checked On?Please let us know.Thanks,
Yes and Yes, although I have gone to the latest beta but still get and always have had these vapourising clouds, will post a log if you tell me where i can find itthx

Hi,No, please post some screen shots of what you are seeing. I am not sure if I exactly understand what you are experiencing.Thanks,

Hi,No, please post some screen shots of what you are seeing. I am not sure if I exactly understand what you are experiencing.Thanks,
Couldnt really get a screen shot, what happens is the clouds vapourise in front of me while flying along, just like the way they build using the dynamic weather but in reverse, last night in the cruise at 310 lots of fluffy stuff about and then all of a sudden they start to vapourise from broken to few. Is this the way ASA is designed to work when flying from one wx station to another? I thought the app populated all the wx stns enroute so you would see a front say 70 miles ahead and finally reach it and fly through it?thx

Hi,It's hard to know exactly, but it could be that you are moving from areas of high amounts of clouds to areas of lower amounts of clouds. Without ASA METAR data it is hard to say.Thanks,

Hi,It's hard to know exactly, but it could be that you are moving from areas of high amounts of clouds to areas of lower amounts of clouds. Without ASA METAR data it is hard to say.Thanks,
Hi JimIf thats the case then its sad that ASA or FSX is designed that way, I was under the impression you would approach different wx areas, not have them re-drawn around you on the fly. If your saying that ASA morphs the cloud conditions as your flying along surrounding your "virtual bubble" then its not for me anymore. I dont want to see the clouds melt away before my eyes becasue the next wx stn reports cavok, I would rather see the currently displayed clouds remain and ASA to not populate the next stn to make it somewhat more realisticFronts that magically condense from nothing 10 miles ahead is not how it should be, we should be able to see it in the distance and approach/fly through, then come out the other sideGuess I expected too muchI never used to get this with 6.5 on FS9 so I guess its time to get that back out of retirementThanks for the timeregs Keith

Hi,That is not what I meant at all.Fly using ASv6.5 and FSX and see if the clouds act in the same manor.Thanks,