Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jet2

Wierd over Iran @1450z

Hi guys, this is an isolated incident, but i've never seen anything like it before so thought i'd post! Cruising at FL350 over Iran as I post this topic 1500Z (near the OISL OISF &OISR stations) I noticed my airspeed suddenly drop to about 180kts IAS!, at the same time the 'barber pole' on the IAS was showing 200kts max ias, the aircraft also dropped violently and the altimeter showed about 28000ft, a huge drop. Checked ASA and it was showing OISF barometric pressure as 653 QNH! OISR was 800 and it was similar story for all stations in Iran, I noticed from another website that these staions wer 'not reporting' so wonder if it's to do witht ASA advanced interpolation, (or whatever it's called!) Sure it's just a data problem.All this was in FS9.1 with latest ASA build and with LDS 767. RegardsMark

I had a similar problem landing in Panama a few days ago. I was holding at 3,000ft about to capture the glideslope when all of a sudden my altitude showed 11,000ft. I knew this wasn't right because I could see the ground and was at 3,000ft a few seconds before. The QNH was rapidly changing then for some reason my aircraft started sinking despite max power being applied. Was quite fun but I'm not sure what happened.Sam