Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zevious Zoquis

So my FS9 Appears to be borked...

Guest Zevious Zoquis

So something appears to be messed up with my installation. Up until yesterday everything was hunky-dory. The last thing I did prior to trouble starting was to install a freeware scenery for Jesenicko and a mesh for the same area. No idea if the sceneries have any relation to the problem - they are just the last things installed prior to the issue. After installing the scenery, I loaded up and flew around for a bit and all seemed normal. The next day, I decided to fly around New York for a bit but when loading, the load crapped out at 71%. It stalled, so I alt-tabbed to the desktop to find a message stating I'd run out of physical memory and to clear some space on my hard drive. Well, the HD has about 280gigs free right now. hmmm. Since then, I've tried several things including deleting the jesenicko scenery and the effect file installed with it. I also thought perhaps I'd picked up a virus or something but several A/V scans have turned up nothing and things other than FS seem to be running normally. As it stands now though, the sim won't even start to load a flight - it locks up at 0% and I have to alt-tab and use the task manager to end the program...any thoughts?

This is just a shot in the dark, but is it possible the "Render to Texture" box in the display settings isn't ticked? This can cause FS to hang if you're using DXT3 clouds.Whatever the problem is, I hope it's something simple that's soon solved. Good luck!

"Even Ozzy's wagging his tail again. Liam who?"

Guest Zevious Zoquis
This is just a shot in the dark, but is it possible the "Render to Texture" box in the display settings isn't ticked? This can cause FS to hang if you're using DXT3 clouds.Whatever the problem is, I hope it's something simple that's soon solved. Good luck!
Actually, I think it may have been a bad submit of clouds from FE that cuased the issue. I just installed new clouds from Activsky Graphics and things seem to be working again. Had to leave for work though so I'll have to try it more later...thx though. :)

If you're still having problems, you may want to try to load the original default flight, or atleast a flight with a default plane and default location.Let us know if that clouds update actually fixed it. Maybe the DXT3 issue that was brought up, as that happened to me when I started playing around with my graphic settings.

Guest Zevious Zoquis

well, I spoke too soon. The problem hasn't been resolved. Now, the sim basically locks up at 1% when I try to load a flight with no error msg at all. I've tried loading the defualt flight. Tried letting FS create a new cfg. I'm pretty stumped. Everything was working fine till 2 days ago but something appears to be completely haywire now. Strange...

Guest Zevious Zoquis

hmmm, I was just able to load flights at Paris and Hong Kong (with Flytampa's Kai Tak) and all seemed normal. Then tried to load a flight at Miami and it locked. The problem seems to be limited to North America...

Guest jonthedoors

I had the same problem with the memory a few weeks ago.I run FS9 off my second HDD, 'P:\' but it crashed out because I had lost my memory to the C drive...After clearing over 6GB from my old FS9 directory, everything was fine...It was as if using FS9 on my P-Drive was taking up memory on the C-Drive.... Everything sorted itself out eventually though.