Sign in to follow this  
3-2-1-Now

J41 Start Locks

Hi,How do you get the engines into the start locks at shutdown? I know you have to work some voodoo with the reverse levers at shutdown...Seems I don't have "it" yet.How can you control an single engine via the keyboard? I tried E+2 etc.. but it doesn't work.Best regards,Robin.

After pressing STOP look down towards the pedestal and either :(1) Press F2 until the power levers are at least half way into reverse. The locks will engage once oil pressure is less than approx 30 psi.or,(2) Click on the white line next to the LEFT power lever (this allows you to operate on both power levers) and drag levers back at least half-way into reverse. You know you are in the right clickspot area if the tooltip does not say mention a throttle control number (i.e. #1 or #2).In both cases prop locks will engage if prop is NOT yet feathered (else no effect). Hence, you cannot STOP then wait for a few minutes and then to enage the locks. The prop will have feathered by that time. You know that start locks are engaged if the props do NOT feather but remain in a very flat pitch. After, start locks are engaged return power levers to idle beta (e.g. press F1).Do not forget to remove start locks after engine start...Else Torque will not go over 30-ish%. You only need to drag throttles (or F2) back only a quarter distance to remove the locks.Vangelis

====================================

E M V

Precision Manuals Development Group

====================================

Hi,Thanks!!!After a bit of experimentation I found it was because I wasn't pulling the throttles back far enough.I've figured out how to operate the condition levers seperately; I'll have another look at the throttles.Thanks again!!Best regards,Robin.