Sign in to follow this  

Airbus Virtual Cockpit - where it go ?

Probably a dumb question but having installed the 'POSKY Airbus A330-200 Qantas Airways VH-EBA version 2' Airbus I have no virtual cockpit (just an outside view). Is this normal or am I missing something?What I am really looking for is an Airbus, Qantas paint job, with the works, decent sound, paint, cockpits etc - any suggestions on which is the most realistic Airbus model ?Also, when a model is listed is 'AI' does this mean it is lacking certain features which make it less than ideal for Sim flying?Sorry if these are dumb questions but I have looked through the FAQ's but with so much information on the Sim boards it gets really hard...

The VC is built into the aircraft model - the POSKY A330 model is not so equipped.Ai aircraft generally are less visually complex than say the above mentioned A330, and hence are more 'frame rate friendly'. Not all ai aircraft are the same however - fspainter models for instance are quite visually appealing despite being designed mainly for ai - so many of us fly them too.I'm seeing more and more such models - designed for ai but good looking enough (for some anyway) to flyhope this helps.Regards,Mark

Regards,

Mark

I second everything he says, but just want to add that AI aircraft are principally designed as AI and therefore will also not have accurate flight behavior appropriate for the particular type. They are nerely designed to take off and land reasonably well as AI as far as the .air file is concerned. For some FSPainter models there are instructions for substituting airfiles for non-AI use. Misha

Thanks guys, nice simple overview of the differences which even I can understand!Now about that Airbus model with full features - including the 3D cockpit - any suggestions ?