Sign in to follow this  
richardgeorgiou

Virtual cockpit and zoom level help please.

Hello fellow pilots,I'm used to flying, and mainly landing, in a 2D cockpit and am having some difficulty in adjusting to judging the landing correctly in the 3D because of the zoom level.When I fly the MD11 in 2D I have the zoom level set to 100% and I have gotten used to how it looks and can judge the landing perfectly. When flying the BAe in the VC I find that if I set the zoom level to 100% I am unable to see the instruments (mainly the rate of descent) so I have to set the zoom level to 60%. However changing this means my outside perspective is totally different and I have trouble judging the landing correctly.My question is can I change the zoom level for the cockpit independantly of the outside view?My kinders regardsRichard Georgiou.

70% zoom is usually the norm for VC's

70% zoom is usually the norm for VC's
Funny enough I've just landed perfectly at 70% and it all went well. What a beautiful aircraft. The only issue I seem to be having at the moment is that the IAS hold in climb or descent doesn't seem to be working, but that's for another post.I think PMDG have done incredibly well with this aircraft, it's impossible to test for every combination of hardware so time will fix the odds and ends..Thanks CMRichard

When flying the BAe in the VC I find that if I set the zoom level to 100% I am unable to see the instruments (mainly the rate of descent) so I have to set the zoom level to 60%. However changing this means my outside perspective is totally different and I have trouble judging the landing correctly.
You might be better off pulling the seat back. When I loaded the aircraft for the first time, the view was way too close to the front window. Changing the zoom does strange things to the outside view, but pulling the seat back (CTRL + Enter) keeps the same perspective. I think I pulled it back about 15 notches (until the left front support column is visible on the screen). That allows me to pan down and see some of the important instruments (like the compass, altimeter, speed indicator etc), whilst still being able to see the view through the windshield.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

You might be better off pulling the seat back. When I loaded the aircraft for the first time, the view was way too close to the front window. Changing the zoom does strange things to the outside view, but pulling the seat back (CTRL + Enter) keeps the same perspective. I think I pulled it back about 15 notches (until the left front support column is visible on the screen). That allows me to pan down and see some of the important instruments (like the compass, altimeter, speed indicator etc), whilst still being able to see the view through the windshield.
Blimey, are you guys reading my thoughts?! I've just done that too! - LOLHappy flying!Richard Georgiou