Sign in to follow this  
Guest 3cffts

HAWKER 610 - With Nav Display and TCAS

Guest 3cffts

While we wait hopefully for Fly Legacy, here is a model you may wish to fly. Since uploads to the AVSIM File Library are presently not available, here is a link to download this model:http://www.storewith.com/account/imageview...x?fileid=491874Try Formation flying with dynamic scenery aircraft. Also this model has the ROTW Navigational Map Display with Collision Avoidance - this is of great help in joining up for formation flying, as well as for flying instrument procedures. Try it with C4TO clearances. A repeat of a cockpit checklist for the Hawker is also included.If someone can tell me how to improve the definition of the dynamic scenery aircraft your help would be most welcome. While I can find artwork for specific aircraft .pods in the Fly\aircraft folder - I cannot find the artwork or .acm files for the generic Fly! II dynamic scenery models.Brian

Guest 3cffts

Hi All, I believe there may have been a problem with the link in my previous post for downloading this model, my apologies. Here is a link that has been tested ... and does not need a password.http://www.storewith.com/filedownload.aspx...d4c87ffe81c8e36BTW this model has an extra view to port so that the aircraft being formated on can be more easily kept in sight. Seems to work o.k. using the hat switch. Here is a pic showing the nav display in collision avoidance mode, with a target on the screen.Brian.

While we wait hopefully for Fly Legacy, here is a model you may wish to fly. Since uploads to the AVSIM File Library are presently not available, here is a link to download this model:http://www.storewith.com/account/imageview...x?fileid=491874Try Formation flying with dynamic scenery aircraft. Also this model has the ROTW Navigational Map Display with Collision Avoidance - this is of great help in joining up for formation flying, as well as for flying instrument procedures. Try it with C4TO clearances. A repeat of a cockpit checklist for the Hawker is also included.If someone can tell me how to improve the definition of the dynamic scenery aircraft your help would be most welcome. While I can find artwork for specific aircraft .pods in the Fly\aircraft folder - I cannot find the artwork or .acm files for the generic Fly! II dynamic scenery models...Brian
Hey Brian - For the most part, the Fly!II dynamic aircraft draws from any of the pods in one's aircraft folder. Others may com from the BiberAll/pod, or other pods found in your Scenery\shared folder. A few (especially if using the FSIMP dynamic feature) are well hidden by Padraic!! I'd say good luck in finding those :( Now, some may also be in the TerraMOdels files - which is most likely hard coded for the aircraft. But since many items in it for scenery building come from installed pods, should not be a real issue.Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster

Guest 3cffts

Hello Ken, Thanks for your comments. Occasionally I find that Fly!II will not load because it cannot find a couple of .acm files, B47_300SD and P51BSCH in particular, and so far I have been unable to locate the art or acm files for either (I have looked in acgenric.pod, shared scenery, Biber's pods and TerraModels pods), and I do not have these models installed. At other times Fly!II finds the installed aircraft files just fine. One of the dynamic models is a Canada 3000 Airbus which seems to install every time, but I have been unable to find either the artwork or the .acm file for it.... I would like to try tweaking the acm file to see if the model could be made less 'blocky'. I find that deleting the .hst file for the model I am flying resets the order of appearance of the dynamic aircraft .... but do you know how Fly!II decides in what order the dynamic aircraft will appear?Brian

Hello Ken, Thanks for your comments. Occasionally I find that Fly!II will not load because it cannot find a couple of .acm files, B47_300SD and P51BSCH in particular, and so far I have been unable to locate the art or acm files for either (I have looked in acgenric.pod, shared scenery, Biber's pods and TerraModels pods), and I do not have these models installed. At other times Fly!II finds the installed aircraft files just fine. One of the dynamic models is a Canada 3000 Airbus which seems to install every time, but I have been unable to find either the artwork or the .acm file for it.... I would like to try tweaking the acm file to see if the model could be made less 'blocky'. I find that deleting the .hst file for the model I am flying resets the order of appearance of the dynamic aircraft .... but do you know how Fly!II decides in what order the dynamic aircraft will appear?Brian
Hi Brian,As far as the order of dynamic aircraft - I believe it is hard coded to randomly select aircraft. Would probably need to write to Padriac at his site for FSIMP to see how he calls for dynamic aircraft for the FSIMP dynamic feature (if you happen to use that program at all). But Fly!II itself I think my main part is probably it (been so long, as it didn't appear to change from the original Fly! method of selection.The only P51 model I can think of is from ROTW, and is probabably one of Leen de Jager's repaints. And the "B47-300SD or did you mean SP?) would most likely be from Jean Sabatier (ROTW member) of his B747SP model. Will have to research a little, but there is a program DLL made by ROTW that was made for adding more dynamic aircraft calls, and it had a listing of many ROTW aircraft more or less required for it to operate more or less correctly. Now, ROTW did issue a file called ROTW-Static_V2,zip, and that may hold the P51 B47 files.Keep in mind, most static aircraft do not have .acm files associated with them. They are models converted into either .bin or .smf files (the latter being the newer format for Fly!II static objects, the former was the original Fly! format for static objects), then podded or placed into the Models subfolder (any graphics would then be placed in the ART subfolder). Being very low-poly models, with low graphics (hence the "fuzziness") to help with keeping frame-rates down - you most likely would not really be able to modify the artwork. BUt look for any named pod files such as I mention above (ROTW-Static, Biber_ALL, etc. in your /scenery/shared folder. Inside those would be all files necessary. I use PodView (in the tools folder) and check the "recreate directory" box to extract into a temporary folder of your choosing. If they are .bin files, you would need a program like BinEdit to decipher / view them.So - to narrow things down a bit - lets take a look at what you use for dynamic stuff... Like:Do you use FSIMP to import scenery areas from MSFS sceneries? Am sure you use Biber_all pod, what else that may have static aircraft? Can check your data folder for the .mlf files (open and view with notepad, of course :( ). Do you use TerraModels? Again, most static objects will com from the factory.mlf file or other add-on pods with an mlf file associated with it (such as my Roma.pod file, which has a couple of models of Rome famous landmarks). Go through your main Art folder - use a program like VuePrint or the suggested programs in Harold or Padriac's stuff (i.e. MW Graphics ConVim program) to view thefiles (or Fly!Graphics by Elrond). Sorry for lengthy reply. I tend to get carried away and may forget people know about programs and converters and such... :( Hope this helps a little more!Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest 3cffts

Thanks again Ken. Perhaps Fly!II, when loading dynamic acft, is looking for .acm files for acft that are in fact static and have no associated acm file ?? But I do seem to recall from years back, and maybe it was Fly! or Fly!2K, seeing a B47 dynamic model. But that is a long time, and several computers ago!I don't have either the P51 or 747 by ROTW installed. and have never installed them that I can recall.I don't have any FSIMP files or scenery installed, just TerraScenery and TerraModels. I must see if the .mlf files have any of the dynamic acft that will not load. I am also occasionally having loading problems because Fly!II cannot find a xxxxxshad.acm file, which seems a bit strange to me. It doesn't seem that dynamic acft have shadows. It has just occurred to me that it is possible my Squawkbox installation, which has dynamic acft may be the problem. I must look into that more carefully!I understand what you say about the low poly files for the dynamic acft. I was wondering if it is possible to substitute more detailed models, if the same .acm file name is used ?I was wondering if there is an .smf file viewer available? If I should happen to see the artwork of a dynamic that works, maybe it would give me a clue as to where to look for the offending entry that calls for a non-existent .acm file, and by deleting that entry it would not bother me again. As it is I have to restart Fly!II and hope that searches for a dynamic that is available. I do use FlyGraphics, but it does not view .smf files; I must have a look for the other programs you mention.Brian.

Thanks again Ken. Perhaps Fly!II, when loading dynamic acft, is looking for .acm files for acft that are in fact static and have no associated acm file ?? But I do seem to recall from years back, and maybe it was Fly! or Fly!2K, seeing a B47 dynamic model. But that is a long time, and several computers ago!I don't have either the P51 or 747 by ROTW installed. and have never installed them that I can recall.I don't have any FSIMP files or scenery installed, just TerraScenery and TerraModels. I must see if the .mlf files have any of the dynamic acft that will not load. I am also occasionally having loading problems because Fly!II cannot find a xxxxxshad.acm file, which seems a bit strange to me. It doesn't seem that dynamic acft have shadows. It has just occurred to me that it is possible my Squawkbox installation, which has dynamic acft may be the problem. I must look into that more carefully!I understand what you say about the low poly files for the dynamic acft. I was wondering if it is possible to substitute more detailed models, if the same .acm file name is used ?I was wondering if there is an .smf file viewer available? If I should happen to see the artwork of a dynamic that works, maybe it would give me a clue as to where to look for the offending entry that calls for a non-existent .acm file, and by deleting that entry it would not bother me again. As it is I have to restart Fly!II and hope that searches for a dynamic that is available. I do use FlyGraphics, but it does not view .smf files; I must have a look for the other programs you mention.Brian.
Hey Brian - depending upon the scenery installed, there may have been a slight "corruption" when the author podded their scenery up, hence seeing calls to some aircraft you may never have had. This might explain part of why you see / get crashes for certain aircraft names not being found. About the only program I can think of that might be able to "view" smf files is TerraMmodels. Especially when using the factory.mlf or other podded static scenery mlf files imported into TerraModels. Sometimes the files can be viewed - sometimes not. The format of the mlf file itself is quite touchy as to the codes one uses to define each static model.Yes, SquawkBox may be one possible problem area for synamic calls of aircraft - but really should only present itself when flying with other users of Fly! II. Then again, I have little knowledge of SquawkBox and how it functions. I believe ROTW took over the last couple of versions released, so I would hazard a guess and say someone from ROTW would be the one to ask. Nail%20Biting.gifthe missing xxxxxshad.acm file is for the ground shadow of the acft in question. Again, something is calling an acft you do not have ... One thing to try is: If you have not yet so, import the factory.mlf file into TerraModels. Make a test scenery area, and using the menus (I haven't used TM for some time, so forgive me), and select the one that lets you place other buildings. You shud have two window areas that will list whatever mlf files you have imported. One side is for TM models, the other is to select factory or other importedmlf scenery items. As I believe the Dulles terminal is in the factory.mlf file, and you shud see the model displayed in the viewing window itself. That particular model is in the smf format... Big%20Grin.gif Can try the FEDEXDC10 also, as it is in smf format. The image is a TIF graphic. These are located in the "generic.pod" file. So you would need to extract the file for FEDEXDC10.TIF (or the particular filename.tif) in order to try to modify it. Leaving the modified file in the ART folder should override the pod, as long as you have set up your fly.ini file correctly. Again, pardon me if I covered some things you already know! This is the best way I can explain things out. :( Let me know if there is something else I can try to help with!Cheers!

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

Guest 3cffts

Hello All,I have 'tweaked' the flight dynamics of the Hawker 610 to give better handling on final approach and in formation flying. I found the dynamic aircraft at KCLT (charlotte, North Carolina) to be great for formation T/O and for formation flying. It is too bad that the dynamic acft taxi with the gear up! The changed handling also helps if you wish to fly military style closed traffic patterns, left hand pattern is best because it has the extra cockpit view.Here is the link to this new file: http://www.storewith.com/filedownload.aspx...f6aacc0b8d44f7eBrian.