Sign in to follow this  
jkallinen

Default Stinson from 9.40 RC2

Default Stinson from X-Plane 9.40 RC2 flying over the mountains of BC,scenery created with G2XPL. 10%20Sep.%2010%2008.33.jpg12%20Sep.%2010%2008.35.jpg Couple more shots from Wales in Snowdonia National Park.12%20Sep.%2010%2013.36.jpg18%20Sep.%2010%2013.38.jpg19%20Sep.%2010%2013.39.jpg

Thanks for that Jim. Those are some damn good shots. Got me really looking forward to the full release. (stopped using the betas)How much extra disk space does G2XPL need for say 1 DSF of scenery? I suppose for low VFR flying over a limited area it would be ok.Thanks Regards Pete

Agreed! Very nice shots. I've just dusted off my XP9 disks and am in the process of installing as we speak........then on to the updates.

Thanks for that Jim. Those are some damn good shots. Got me really looking forward to the full release. (stopped using the betas)How much extra disk space does G2XPL need for say 1 DSF of scenery? I suppose for low VFR flying over a limited area it would be ok.Thanks Regards Pete
Hi Pete, when downloading from G2XPL you will need plenty of extra HD space to process the tiles. I have some regions I have downloaded likethe Swiss Alps around St. Moritz that weigh in around 12gb. What I do is download the central radius of say 12km and then move the plane to edge of the recent DL and start again to overlap the high res level 18 photo textures. Always checking Bing maps to make the area is covered first. So far I think I have around 120gb dedicated G2XPL scenery from around the world. Right now I am working on Glacier National Park. Can`t wait tosee the results.

So far I think I have around 120gb dedicated G2XPL scenery from around the world. Right now I am working on Glacier National Park. Can`t wait tosee the results.
Thanks for the info.I think if to setup this kind of scenery, a good idea might be to buy an extra 320gb HD (or more) just for Xplane to live on.Regards Pete