Sign in to follow this  
ronzie

Air File Pro--Save your money

This addon may have potential, but right now, in my opinion, it is not worth it. I have flow 5 flights, using the FFX 737-500 merged with the dreamfleet panel. I am not a pilot, but I fly about 100k per year. I have experienced, as a passenger, lots of turblence, but never anything like this. On 3 out of the 5 flights, my 737 was almost knocked out of the air on approach. The turbulence during flight is not very realistic--large movements of the plane, almost aways. What about sharp joints? Interestingly I flew one flight, right into a thunderstorm just see what would havppen, and in this one case, nothing happened, On my final flight, in clear air, I suddently spiraled out of control, from 280 to 420 and had to end the flight. As I said this may eventually be a good product, especially if the script become a bit more realistic, but I am not a programer, and for now, I have disabled the module.Jim

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,I also have had a few problems with the add-on, but I think that it will eventually have some of its annoyances ironed out.In my opinion anything that takes the "on-rails" feeling of FS2002 away is a good thing.BTW did you uncheck the "allow maximum" button, this has help me from having my Dash 8 flip about like a leaf.Dan.

Between the FSUIPC Allow Turbulence In Clouds and Active Sky WXRe's turbulence setting, I have found enough deflection due to weather phenomona. Active Sky also has a wake-turbulence effect to enable, but I do not know about parallel runway bleed vortices as stated on the Lago site.There is a program I think called A-C Loader that modifies the aircraft model for passenger, baggage, and fuel. The comparitively small percentage of weight shift on a heavy enroute due to food cart, passenger movements, should be really within autopilot limits. During take-off and landing at slower speeds bodies and food carts are supposed to be secure to avoid balance changes. I think fuel burn-off weight changes are already modeled.The Lago product does sound interesting but I'll wait until:(1) I am more polished.(2) The program is more polished.