Sign in to follow this  
ianoakrhind

744 Start-Up Problems

Hi allI am having trouble starting-up my 744 on FS9.1 and Windows XP.I ALWAYS initiate all my PMDG flights from the FS9 default Cessna at KEAS. Switch everything off and reposition to my chosen departure airport/gate.Once there....Select Aircraft.....PMDG 747-400. Aircraft loads up okay but it is nowhere near cold and dark. Packs running, fuel control switces set to RUN, HYD Demand Pumps all ON...etcetc.Switch EVERYTHING off. Battery on, start APU etcetc. FO panels show normally but NOTHING on Captain's side.The only work-around that I can find is: RESELECT aircraft (PMDG 747-400). This time more overhead switchery is all over the place. Shut EVERYTHING down and start over again. This time the CAPTAINS panels work normally and I am "go" from there.I do NOT have this problem with the 737NG.I have re-installed the 747-400 (1.1).......but the start-up problems persist.It is putting me off flying long-haul in my 744 as the whole initial process is so time consuming!I would be grateful for any comments/advice. Many thanks.Ian

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

That method works for the 737NG, but the best way to create a cold and dark (or any other state such as gate) for the newer pmdg airliners is to create the state and save the flight. This will automatically create a companion panel state file, which is loaded next time you load the flight. The advantage to this is you can set the airplane up as if you would expect to find it at a gate on a turnaround.

Dan Downs KCRP

Dan.....many thanks for your helpful reply. I seem to remember being advised PMDG Support that one should always start PMDG flights from the FS default flight.However, I will try and set up the 744 in a cold and dark state, save the flight and panel state......and see what transpires!I would have hoped that maybe someone from PMDG Supoort might have been able to offer advice concerning my requirement to select the 747-400 TWICE before the Captain's panels come to life. Very strange.RegardsIan Oak-Rhind

IanOak-RhindSignature6.png

I setup a cold and dark Cesna (at KSEA) as my default flight. That way, any add-on A/C that I load (PMDG, LevelD, etc..) gets loaded as cold and dark from get go. In addition, I save a panel state for the 747 with cold and dark settings, and load it after the A/C loads.It has always worked well for me.- John