Sign in to follow this  
metzgergva

Cockpit noiselevel on J41

I run the FSX sound sliders on 75% and on the mixer of my Creative SB X-Fi, I have the windows sounds and the FSX sounds at the same level. I use that setting with the MD11 and other planes. I know that some developers are using direct sound to generate additional sound impressions that FSX does not have built in. On the MD-11 there is a chance to change the volume of those.Now on the J41, as soon as engines are running, there is a kind of very loud noise that can be heard within the cockpit, in the spot view and on the engine view, that is very much independent from power setting on the engines. I can hear a bit of change on the prop and engine noise either on ground and in the air, but that constant sound is hiding them very much.I cannot figure if that sound should simulate an air conditioning or instrument cooling - only available when engines are running - or if this is part of the engine or propeller sounds independent from power and RPM. I have not found what influences their volume level.Any idea what could I possible change to have a different balance of other cockpit soundlevels, like alarms, flaps, gear, etc. inrelation to this persitent sound.Thanks for helping me with my issue.

Happy flying!
Alexander M. Metzger

Hi Alex,as far as I have Understand in learning this Bird is, that the Engine Sound Level depends on the condition level - If you have them in TAXI the Engines are more silent than IN FLIGHT.And there is also some small variation in flight which are Tourgue dependend.

the one sound that has been driving me nuts is a buzzing type of sound or hmmm type of sound. Like its electric or something. I also get the marker code even with the nav1 radio in the off position until it turn it off a second time. But there are also some surround sound issues which I know they said there fixing in the first update so maybe with that fix it will help fix other sound issues.