Sign in to follow this  
Guest yienmaster

What's the Best Piaggio P180 Avanti?

Guest yienmaster

I have become infatuated with the ideals of and look of the Avanti. I love the learjet 45 in FSX, and I think I would really like a turboprop that gives me the luxury and speed of something like the Lear.So I'm looking for opinions on what the best Avanti out there is.I see one here in the file library, and I've heard of 2 payware ones, an FSD and an Abacus.Has anyone tried any of these, and could you offer your opinions?The free one hosted here would be my first choice (obviously) if it is as good, or nearly as good as the payware ones out there. Anybody fly it? Pros, cons? How's the VC?The Abacus version looks a little "cartoony" in the pics on their site. Seems like it hasn't had any visual upgrade to take advantage of FSX's exterior polish. Also see some rather low poly spots. Overall, it looks pretty nice though, and the VC looks pretty good.I notice that FSD states that their Avanti's VC won't function in FSX, so they list it as FS2004 only.I fly FSX and use VC almost exclusively, so I'm pretty sure that one is the bottom of the list, but bearing that in mind, can anyone recommend a course of action?Thanks a lot!

I don't think there is a native FSX one at the moment.There is a port over: fsx_pd808ge.zip in the avsim libraries

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Why not try the free one? You have nothing to lose but a little time :(

Guest yienmaster

Getting the free one as we speak.The shots of the VC make it look pretty outdated, but the exterior model looks good.I'll give it a test out soon.Stinks that there are no native FSX Avantis out there.

Guest yienmaster

Not good at all.Corrupted gauge files in the archive, tons of warnings in FSX about gauges being made for '98 or earlier,and the model for the plane itself doesn't know up at all when selected.Looks like that's a bust.Wait a sec, I might have gotten an old version. Just found the same plane marked 2.0Sorry to bash that plane when I couldn't even find the current version.

Guest 413X3

I'd go for the Flight1 Pilatus PC-12, one of the most underrated addons out there, fully FSX compatible too!

Guest yienmaster

I'll check that out for sure.Just tested out the 2.0 of the freeware avanti. It's alright, but the VC is pretty clunky and old, and the plane seems to suffer from that "bouncing" problem when resting or moving slowly on the ground that is seen on many water planes while in the water.I'll probably keep it because it's pretty to look at from the outside, but I'll never want to fly it on a trip of any length.I see a lot of repaints for the FSD Avanti here, which makes me think that one might be nice, but I'm worried about the VC being unclickable in FSX.I think the Abacus version has some try before you buy thing, so I'm gonna look into that, but I am afraid I'll get hooked that way :)