Sign in to follow this  
dallyborr

FS9 scenery.cfg

Ok, every time i start FS, it rebuild scenery file. I have not installed any scenery lately. But it keep rebuild something. I've downloaded "FSTscenery" and try to fixed with it. But no luck. It keeps rebuld all over. It's not a problem, maybe it is, everything work fine as before, but it's annoying. Any suggestions?ThanksDalibor

Ok, every time i start FS, it rebuild scenery file. I have not installed any scenery lately. But it keep rebuild something. I've downloaded "FSTscenery" and try to fixed with it. But no luck. It keeps rebuld all over. It's not a problem, maybe it is, everything work fine as before, but it's annoying. Any suggestions?ThanksDalibor
That should not be happening - unless you have made some change in the Scenery Library such as disabling an entry, moving an entry or adding/deleting an entry.Two questions:1. What Operating System are you using - XP or Vista? If Vista, you may need to turn off UAC (User Account Control) so that changes to the scenery.cfg file are properly written to the HD. Start -> Control Panel -> User Accounts and turn off UAC (User Account Control)Once they are properly recorded, and you make no other changes, the scenery.cfg file should not be re-indexed or rebuild each time you start up FS2004.2. Which scenery.cfg file did you run the Greenwood utility on - the utility (FSTscenery.exe) should be in your main Flight Simulator 9 folder so it will act upon the scenery.cfg which is located there also. (There is another one in the same folder that your FS9.cfg file resides and that is not the correct one to run the utility on).As a last resort you can rename your FS9.cfg file to FS9.cfg.bak and allow FS2004 to rebuild a fresh one when you start up again. Sometimes doing that will solve strange problems such as you are experiencing. No guarentees though.Do NOT delete the scenery.cfg file however. It does NOT get rebuilt automatically in FS2004.

Thanks Opa!But believe or not, it was UT Europe. I was try to add more autogen, a couple days ago, and did not use auto config function. Just check/uncheck menu. Today i remembered that, this was the last thing i do with FS9, and reconfigured it again, this time with auto config tool. And voila, everything back to normal. Duno what i do wrong, i just unchecked those night light and local roads, i think. Thanks for replay, back to normal again.