Sign in to follow this  
Wizz84

how to set DH in the 744X

Hi, iam trying to get better at landing in bad visauly, however i cant set the DH in the 744Xin the manuals it says:

On this panel are also controls to set the

Decision Height (DH) and Minimum Descent

Altitude (MDA), as well as barometric

settings in inches of Mercury (in. Hg) or

hectoPascals (hPa). A pressure switch has

been included which allows the crew to

select between the use of feet or meters on

the PFD.but if i rotate the knob it only shows raido or baro, but not dh..thanks for helpKnittlMichael

Hi, iam trying to get better at landing in bad visauly, however i cant set the DH in the 744Xin the manuals it says:

On this panel are also controls to set the

Decision Height (DH) and Minimum Descent

Altitude (MDA), as well as barometric

settings in inches of Mercury (in. Hg) or

hectoPascals (hPa). A pressure switch has

been included which allows the crew to

select between the use of feet or meters on

the PFD.but if i rotate the knob it only shows raido or baro, but not dh..thanks for helpKnittlMichael

DH is a Radio Altimeter altitude, hence RADIO XXX is a valid setting for that.DA and MDA are referenced to Barometric pressure, hence BARO XXX is used for that.Hope this explains your question.Regards,Harry

thanks, i will give a shot tomorrow, i thought i can simply set the DH to 200feet to hear the "approaching minimums" callout.Mike

thanks, i will give a shot tomorrow, i thought i can simply set the DH to 200feet to hear the "approaching minimums" callout.Mike
Mike,Doing that tomorrow, keep in mind that Radio altitude (DH 200) is in reference to terrain in front of the runway.It does not take into account the airport elevation above MSL.If you enter a MDA or DA, BARO XXX, the threshold elevation above MSL should be accounted for.(Threshold elevation being eg: 450ft above MSL, a 200 ft limit, needs a BARO setting of 450+200=650)Hope this clears your request a little more,Regards,Harry

You need to rotate the mouse wheel up to increase the DH, or MDA depending on what you're setting. Rolling the mouse wheel down decreases the DH, MDA.