Sign in to follow this  
MortenS

What happens to the cache on updated map versions?

Can anyone tell me if Tileproxy automaticly downloads the new textures on a map version change, or if it still uses the old from the cache? Do I have to empty the cache to get the new maps?

Can anyone tell me if Tileproxy automaticly downloads the new textures on a map version change, or if it still uses the old from the cache? Do I have to empty the cache to get the new maps?
Personally, I have never seen Tileproxy overwrite previously downloaded files.I recently noticed an improvement in some Idaho coverage. I manually deleted the range and tile levels that seemed to be updated using the ServiceCacheBrowser. The change was only visible in level 14 and up so that's all I deleted.You might want to view the area on-line and in the sim to establish the affected range and only delete the relevant jpg tiles (or copy them to some other folder).You will need to also flush (only) the regional scenery tiles that used the old imagery - if you don't already flush the WorldScenery folder on a regular basis.The map needed is in the SDK Scenery and Terrain write-up and also online at MS. Changes near region borders, of course, may require up to 4 folders being flushed. I'll try to add the image, but some of mine have disappeared lately and it may not remain visible.(well, it's visible in the preview...)If you cannot determine what to update in the tile caches or scenery folders, you may PM or email me and I'll help.Loyd

Thanks, image not visible, but I think I'll just empty all the cached textures instead. Not really a big problem other than I'll never get optimized performance ;)Think this is the simplest solution.