Sign in to follow this  
thomamaxi

Two Key boards

Hello Simmers, I am aware that there is a program available for FSX were you can use two keyboards and map them to various functions: lights, landing gear, basically anything, provided you have FSUICP. However, does anyone know if there is a similar program to map two keyboards when using FS2004?RegardsPaul

Hello Simmers, I am aware that there is a program available for FSX were you can use two keyboards and map them to various functions: lights, landing gear, basically anything, provided you have FSUICP. However, does anyone know if there is a similar program to map two keyboards when using FS2004?RegardsPaul
The program you refer to is HIDMacros and actually it is using SimConnect rather than FSUIPC to talk to FS which makes it FSX specific... If it was FSUIPC based then it would probaby also work in FS2004 but from the web I cannot see any evidence that it is possible to use this in FS2004... I'd be very happy for someone to prove me wrong in this respect :)Geoff

The program you refer to is HIDMacros and actually it is using SimConnect rather than FSUIPC to talk to FS which makes it FSX specific... If it was FSUIPC based then it would probaby also work in FS2004 but from the web I cannot see any evidence that it is possible to use this in FS2004... I'd be very happy for someone to prove me wrong in this respect :)Geoff
Hi Geoff, Yes. You are absolutely correct and thank you for pointing it out. RegardsPaul

I realize that this thread is a little old (2009), but the subject interested me since I wanted to add a second keyboard to FS9 to program key functions for overhesad panels.I was using PMDG's 737 and had all the MCP controls, or most of them, mapped to my wireless keyboard. Then I recently bought the iFLY 737 and wanted to expand the keyboard functions. So here is how I did it. MCP still mapped to the wireless keyboard. The iFLY forward overhead panel I mapped to a second keyboard and all works great. The second keyboard is a SIIG.Inc with USB connection. Using acombination of the key assignments in iFLY, FSUIPC and creating mouse macros in FSUIPC, I was able to map practically all of the functions using a combination of the CNTRL+letter keys or in a couple of situations, using the SHIFT+Letter or other function keys as well as the CNTRL+F keys. The reason I chose this keyboard is that it has both CNTRL & SHFT keys on the right and left side making the use of two keys together much easier and it is abot 75% the size of my regular board.So now I have the overhead and MCP funtions without using the mouse for the most part. Those functions not assigned are ones that I didn't use normally.Basically what I'm saying is: It IS possible to use two keyboards in FS9.I'm not sure if any are interested, but I'm posting this in case some are. Pleas note that this did not in any way use the program called HIDMACROS which is for FSX only.I hope that this is helpful to some of you.Jim D.