Sign in to follow this  
FTD1949

Rebuilding PC with Win7 64 bit

Hi all, Been a while since I've rebuilt my machine. At any rate I will be rebuilding this weekend and installing Win7 64 bit. I have FSX on a seperate drive. Does anyone know if I can use the utility FSX Registry Utility 1.1 to make FSX work with Win7 or should I wipe the drive clean and start from scratch? If I don't use Acceleration do I need both of the patches for FSX (sp1 and sp2) or just sp2? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Craig

I have FSX on a seperate drive. Does anyone know if I can use the utility FSX Registry Utility 1.1 to make FSX work with Win7 or should I wipe the drive clean and start from scratch?
I'd probably recommend a full on reinstallation of everything. Unless you have very few if any addons which placed items in the Program Files segments of your computer, performing a full clean reinstall is always a nice way to refresh the computer - especially considering you are upgrading the operating system.
If I don't use Acceleration do I need both of the patches for FSX (sp1 and sp2) or just sp2?
You will need to install both. The downloadable SP2 requires that SP1 be already installed. (Acceleration is a one-lump install - it can take a machine running the vanilla FSX or SP1, and bring it straight to SP2 if needed)Enjoy! -Greg