Sign in to follow this  
Walt90

VoxATC-X and Win 7 Voices

A question for anyone using VoxATC-X and Windows 7.Does Windows 7 allow for more than four voices, which is the limit in Vista?

Walt,I have installed all my AT&T voices that I used with Win XP in Win 7 64, and they work just fine in VoxATC.

Walt,I have installed all my AT&T voices that I used with Win XP in Win 7 64, and they work just fine in VoxATC.
Did you have to do anything special to get them to work? Do they work in the VoxATC tool to assign and test them (i.e. can you hear them from the tool)?I cannot get them to work at all in Win 7 - 64.

Did you have to do anything special to get them to work? Do they work in the VoxATC tool to assign and test them (i.e. can you hear them from the tool)?I cannot get them to work at all in Win 7 - 64.
What Win 7 version do you have?I assume you have installed AT&T voices?Does your Voice recognition in Win 7 work?I did nothing else than installing first the extra voices and then VoxATC, but I think the order is unimportant.I dont know what you mean by 'VoxATC tool', but you should be able to select these voices form Voice setup in VoxATC.

Thanks for the reply.How many voices do you have installed? I wanted to install more than four to have a larger variation of ATC and pilot voices but Tegwyn said that Vista only supports four voices. Maybe you can "install" more voices in Win7 but can VoxATC-X utilize more than four?

What Win 7 version do you have?I assume you have installed AT&T voices?Does your Voice recognition in Win 7 work?I did nothing else than installing first the extra voices and then VoxATC, but I think the order is unimportant.I dont know what you mean by 'VoxATC tool', but you should be able to select these voices form Voice setup in VoxATC.
I am using Windows 7 Enterprise 64 - bit. The 90-day trial.Voice recognition works. VoxATC works, it's just that I can't get the AT&T voices.I have installed the AT&T voices.I meant the VoxATC Voice setup program. The AT&T voices show up in there and I can select them, but when I push the "Speak" button I don't hear an AT&T voice, I just hear the default Anna voice.

Finally got this to do work. I uninstalled the Desktop Runtime and the four voices, then manually removed registry entries for these which were not removed by the uninstall program. Restarted the computer, then reinstalled the desktop runtime and voices. And this time they work.BTW, the voices don't show up in the default (64-bit) speech to text control panel applet, but they do in the 32-bit version which can be accessed by running this"c:\Windows\sysWOW64\speech\SpeechUX\SAPI.cpl"So, happily, I can also confirm that the voices DO work in Windows 7 - 64 bit. Although I have no idea why they didn't work previously.

I should also add that I had changed by sound card (Xonar DX) driver recently, from the new Win7 version to the older Vista version, since the driver was giving me serious problems in another game (Black Shark). I suppose this could have done it.