Sign in to follow this  
NagaDark

Fatal Error when loading the 747-400(F) FSX

Hello,I always get the "Fatal Error" Message, when selecting the Aircraft from the Aircraft Selection Screen.After the Installation I was prompted wether to accept all those DLL's. (3 at FSX startup, and some more when loading the 747). When I load the 747, I see the Database loading and the model (Altough sometimes it crashes not even displaying the model or hardly starting the Database build). Then it CTD's displaying the message: "A Fatal Error occured, searching for a solution" --> "FSX Will now restart"I Have: - Checked the DLL.XML, Shouldn't be something wrong with it as I reinstalled FSX right?- FSX.CFG, - UAC Disabled, - Ran everything Under ADMIN right (But I'm an on a admin account as well so it makes no sense), - Every Folder assosiated to FSX or PMDG have Full acces to every user,- Reinstalled FSX Deleting all the addons,- Ran the Registry Cleaner after every single step of the 2nd reinstallation attempt including FSX!.Windows Vista Ultimate 32Intel Pentium D (2 Cores, 2.88GHz)4GB Dual Channel RAM (2x2GB)Please help me, I'm very Frustrated and this is my first PMDG Product. I'm even angry.Niko Pesterev

Hello,I always get the "Fatal Error" Message, when selecting the Aircraft from the Aircraft Selection Screen.After the Installation I was prompted wether to accept all those DLL's. (3 at FSX startup, and some more when loading the 747). When I load the 747, I see the Database loading and the model (Altough sometimes it crashes not even displaying the model or hardly starting the Database build). Then it CTD's displaying the message: "A Fatal Error occured, searching for a solution" --> "FSX Will now restart"I Have: -Checked the DLL.XML, - FSX.CFG, - UAC Disabled, - Ran everything Under ADMIN right (But I'm an on a admin account as well so it makes no sense), - Every Folder assosiated to FSX or PMDG have Full acces to every user,- Reinstalled FSX Deleting all the addons,- Ran the Registry Cleaner after every single step of the 2nd reinstallation attempt including FSX!.
Did you make sure the C++ redistributable installed?

Did you make sure the C++ redistributable installed?
Yes the redistributable got installed sir. Awaiting reply <Problem not solved>Niko Pesterev

Anyone? Hey! I bought your product, I demand a little support yea? Customer is king don't forget that. for 2 day's now I'm trying to get the 747-400X working. Can't see why the wilco products actualy works and yours not.I want this fixed, Ok!? Bare with me. I paid you know...Niko Pesterev

Anyone? Hey! I bought your product, I demand a little support yea? Customer is king don't forget that. for 2 day's now I'm trying to get the 747-400X working. Can't see why the wilco products actualy works and yours not.I want this fixed, Ok!? Bare with me. I paid you know...Niko Pesterev
Wow, that is definitely the wrong thing to say if you want to get support. Why don't you EMAIL support, (support@precisionmanuals.com)?Matt J.

Wow, that is definitely the wrong thing to say if you want to get support. Why don't you EMAIL support, (support@precisionmanuals.com)?Matt J.
And after waiting a whopping two hours after posting.My suggestion is you deinstall the 747 and FSX, than reinstall FSX, install scenery add-ons, install the 747, then install the rest of your aircraft add-ons.

Hello,I always get the "Fatal Error" Message, when selecting the Aircraft from the Aircraft Selection Screen.After the Installation I was prompted wether to accept all those DLL's. (3 at FSX startup, and some more when loading the 747). When I load the 747, I see the Database loading and the model (Altough sometimes it crashes not even displaying the model or hardly starting the Database build). Then it CTD's displaying the message: "A Fatal Error occured, searching for a solution" --> "FSX Will now restart"I Have: - Checked the DLL.XML, Shouldn't be something wrong with it as I reinstalled FSX right?- FSX.CFG, - UAC Disabled, - Ran everything Under ADMIN right (But I'm an on a admin account as well so it makes no sense), - Every Folder assosiated to FSX or PMDG have Full acces to every user,- Reinstalled FSX Deleting all the addons,- Ran the Registry Cleaner after every single step of the 2nd reinstallation attempt including FSX!.Windows Vista Ultimate 32Intel Pentium D (2 Cores, 2.88GHz)4GB Dual Channel RAM (2x2GB)Please help me, I'm very Frustrated and this is my first PMDG Product. I'm even angry.Niko Pesterev
Same issues here, I just can not get it to run. I get the cold and dark to start the FSX CTD.

And after waiting a whopping two hours after posting.My suggestion is you deinstall the 747 and FSX, than reinstall FSX, install scenery add-ons, install the 747, then install the rest of your aircraft add-ons.
Ofcourse I have done that! Can you even read?

Ofcourse I have done that! Can you even read?
You know, I had issues too, and I was able to resolve them on my own.I could have helped you, but because of your attitude, I am not going to. You have a lot to learn.Good luck.

You know, I had issues too, and I was able to resolve them on my own.I could have helped you, but because of your attitude, I am not going to. You have a lot to learn.Good luck.
God...Sorry, you know insted of laughing me out right there you could have helped me though if you really resolved the problems though. It's day 4 and my PMDG Still doesn't work, so it's a bit logical that I get irritated though.

Honestly I do not run Vista anymore because of too many issues. However my approach would be the following:1) Ensure FSX SP2 was installed and that I installed PMDG after SP22) Read FAQS http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_747-400X_FAQ3) Ensure that I made the memory edita) bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 by going to "Programs-Accessories-Command prompt" Right Click the command prompt and select "run as administrator". Cut and paste bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 at the prompt4) Run windows update and update everything there.5) Last resort I would uninstall FSX. FSX is the biggest thing on my computer and the main reason I own a computer. Therefore when I get down to the point that I feel that I have to re-install FSX I will always wipe out my OS thoroughly using a drive wiping program and completely start from scratch on a clean system. Following these guidelines http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=290416) When I go to install FSX I would install it on c:FSX and not the default Program folders.7) I would also completely kill UAC and follow this information by NickN http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=174126#1741268) If all else failed I would contact PMDG Support You may wish to make this your first step. support@precisionmanuals.comBear in mind there are a lot of people running the 747 with Vista so we know it works. Just need to find out why it is not working for you.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

Honestly I do not run Vista anymore because of too many issues. However my approach would be the following:1) Ensure FSX SP2 was installed and that I installed PMDG after SP22) Read FAQS http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_747-400X_FAQ3) Ensure that I made the memory edita) bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 by going to "Programs-Accessories-Command prompt" Right Click the command prompt and select "run as administrator". Cut and paste bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560 at the prompt4) Run windows update and update everything there.5) Last resort I would uninstall FSX. FSX is the biggest thing on my computer and the main reason I own a computer. Therefore when I get down to the point that I feel that I have to re-install FSX I will always wipe out my OS thoroughly using a drive wiping program and completely start from scratch on a clean system. Following these guidelines http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=290416) When I go to install FSX I would install it on c:FSX and not the default Program folders.7) I would also completely kill UAC and follow this information by NickN http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_post...D=174126#1741268) If all else failed I would contact PMDG Support You may wish to make this your first step. support@precisionmanuals.comBear in mind there are a lot of people running the 747 with Vista so we know it works. Just need to find out why it is not working for you.
SP2? I'm not running SP2 sir...I Run FSX SP1.I'm trying the memory edit. Will report back.BTW Reinstalling the OS? Might not be an option for me.

SP2? I'm not running SP2 sir...I Run FSX SP1.I'm trying the memory edit. Will report back.BTW Reinstalling the OS? Might not be an option for me.
Memory Edit is useless without SP2 strongly recommend that you install SP2. Uninstall PMDG first, install SP2 then reinstall PMDG.

Regards,
Gary Andersen

HAF932 Advanced, ASUS Z690-P D4, i5-12600k @4.9,NH-C14S, 2x8GB DDR4 3600, RM850x PSU,Sata DVD, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB storage, W10-Pro on Intel 750 AIC 800GB PCI-Express,MSI RTX3070 LHR 8GB, AW2720HF, VS238, Card Reader, SMT750 UPS.

PMDG

Mininimum - 3GHz or multi-core processor, 1GB RAM, WinXP SP2/VistaBest Performance - Dual or Quad Core Processor, 2GB RAM, 512MB Gfx Card, WinXP SP2MS FSX with Service Pack 1 (or later) installed
Yip its likely that you need Vista service pack 2Cheers