Sign in to follow this  
NagaDark

Fatal Error when loading the 747-400(F) FSX

I had almost same problem - my MD-11 was crashing the FSX during the load in the Free Flight/Aircraft screen. It was not reaching even the AIRAC database loading. After the CTD the windows message was statin ntdll.dll was responsible.At the same time J41 was running flawlessly.After couple of days I received a very thorough way from PMDG how to fix the situation.

1. MD-11 has to be uninstalled.
  2. PMDG folder in FSX main folder has to be deleted. MD-11 folder in Simobjects has to be deleted as well.
  3. fsx.cfg and dll.dll from C:/User........ delete (or rename)
  4. Start FSX to create new fsx.cfg and dll
  5. Install MD-11
  6. Say yes to all prompts from FSX about 3rd party modules....

Now my MD-11 works like charmI guess the same approach can be used for the B747Hope this helps

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

I had almost same problem - my MD-11 was crashing the FSX during the load in the Free Flight/Aircraft screen. It was not reaching even the AIRAC database loading. After the CTD the windows message was statin ntdll.dll was responsible.At the same time J41 was running flawlessly.After couple of days I received a very thorough way from PMDG how to fix the situation.
  1. MD-11 has to be uninstalled.
  2. PMDG folder in FSX main folder has to be deleted. MD-11 folder in Simobjects has to be deleted as well.
  3. fsx.cfg and dll.dll from C:/User........ delete (or rename)
  4. Start FSX to create new fsx.cfg and dll
  5. Install MD-11
  6. Say yes to all prompts from FSX about 3rd party modules....

Now my MD-11 works like charmI guess the same approach can be used for the B747Hope this helps

Does the PMDG 747X Supports low quality Intergrated Graphics Solutions?Niko Pesterev

You need at least a 512MB graphics solution. http://www.precisionmanuals.com/priv/pages...d/fsx/744x.htmlThe combination of FSX and the 744X are very heavy on a system. It also depends on how you have FSX setup. What are your system specs?
The old system on which I tried to get the PMDG working is.Windows Vista 64bitIntel Pentium D 2.88GHz (Dual Cored, Hyper Threading)4GB Dual Channel DDR2 (2x2GB)Intel Express G945 Chipset Family (64Mb VRAM)I was planning to upgrade to an: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, 1GB Vram

The old system on which I tried to get the PMDG working is.Windows Vista 64bitIntel Pentium D 2.88GHz (Dual Cored, Hyper Threading)4GB Dual Channel DDR2 (2x2GB)Intel Express G945 Chipset Family (64Mb VRAM)I was planning to upgrade to an: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220, 1GB Vram
I can't speak to that problem, but going back to your original sets of posts. you said there was nothing wrong with your dll.xml file. If you did not delete it (and by using the search for hidden files option), you're just going to have the same problem. I recently upgraded to Windows7 and started getting these errors after months of error free use. Its a PITA, for sure, but it works.

I followed the same instructions and deleted FSX.cfg and FSX.dll files, and I got to say that must be a partly bad solution. seems like all PMDGs software are spo complex only a total reformated disk with toatly new fresh innstall av all the FSX and addons incl, are to be advised.To delete the .cfg are not a problem, but for me when I delet the .dll as advised here everything was fu,,ed up. All the addons like FSpax, and so on had to be reinstaled with all the messed up register files that caused. same with my good working FSComander innstalation who after this "recipie" live its own life.No fellows, I dont think theres any other way around than just advise everyone to a total fresh formated disk and reinnstalation of it all.Im ###### now, cause my new fresh innstalation where all good before I followed this advise to delete .dll as mensioned here.Sorry, but this weekend seems to be a new reinnstal weekend.And everything because I forgot to innstall wilco PIC before I innstall PMDG. I find it cool to have a good 737 in my FSX and none are better than Wilco on that isue.I know that PMDG are a rather complex software,and maybe its no way around caused of that. Im not a software developert, but I wished they could give a little offer to make their software a littlebit more "soft" to the innstaltion,,,,if ya know what I meen.Dont hang me just beacuse I use my free speach, and NO, it is not a critic but a humbel meening of a sim lover. Yes I do have all the PMDGs product,,,,can anyone blame me? ,o)Peace folks, and have a nice weekend.Per Berge. Oslo-Norway