Sign in to follow this  
FSXHD

747 very sensitive near VOR's

I recently flew the 747X from JFK to EGLL. It appears to me that it is very sensitive near VOR's. It swerves left to right a few times when it is near it (10 or less mile out [inbound or outbound from the VOR]). Once the 747 is further away from the VOR, it smooths outs, and flies level. I also think it could be REX loading weather into FSX coincidentally when I am near a VOR. I will report back in a few minutes to see if there is a noticeable change with the 747's sensitivity around VOR's without REX's weather engine running. If this is a problem and there is a fix, please let me know (though I have already used the Flight 1 Registry Repair Tool). Any help is appreciated.Thanks!UPDATE: I'm over the mid-Atlantic, and I am near no VOR's, waypoints, etc. The REX weather engine is stopped, but it keeps swerving left to right trying to intercept the flight path. So the problem apparently is the 747 and nothing else, because I do not have this problem with any other aircraft. PLEASE HELP. I love this aircraft and I want it to fly right!

UPDATE: I'm over the mid-Atlantic, and I am near no VOR's, waypoints, etc. The REX weather engine is stopped, but it keeps swerving left to right trying to intercept the flight path. So the problem apparently is the 747 and nothing else, because I do not have this problem with any other aircraft. PLEASE HELP. I love this aircraft and I want it to fly right!

Seems like a problem with REX and the FMC of the 747. A lot of times, the weather programs will cause incompatibility issues with the navigation equipment, causing this. I would recommend trying a flight with out REX and see what happens. Please post an update.Matt J.

Might also be a payload imbalance. The aircraft will act in this manner if the center of gravity is off balance.

OK, here is how I will do my next flight:1) I won't use REX at all.2) I'll load my 747 with the PMDG 747 Load manager.3) I'll fly the same flight and see what happens.

Yaw Damper on if the 747 has it? It is probably in the overhead. I'm a 73' user.

Yaw Damper on if the 747 has it? It is probably in the overhead. I'm a 73' user.
Yes the 747 has yaw dampers, but they were on.

One other thing to look at is the wind vector displayed on the ND and in FS to insure they match. See what it is in the FMC if in displayed in there. Another problem is that with a single version of FSUIPC3 that was pulled, it was reporting incorrect broken down wind components to the aircraft. I would assume if this was the case the aircraft would not enter the turn soon enough and overshoot the path if the intercept angle was large.It never hurts to update FSUIPC at:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlfor FS9. (747X does not use it I believe for FSX).

One other thing to look at is the wind vector displayed on the ND and in FS to insure they match. See what it is in the FMC if in displayed in there. Another problem is that with a single version of FSUIPC3 that was pulled, it was reporting incorrect broken down wind components to the aircraft. I would assume if this was the case the aircraft would not enter the turn soon enough and overshoot the path if the intercept angle was large.It never hurts to update FSUIPC at:http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.htmlfor FS9. (747X does not use it I believe for FSX).
I use FSX, so the 747 uses Simconnect API. I'll reinstall FSUIPC though.

Guest Roro
OK, here is how I will do my next flight:...2) I'll load my 747 with the PMDG 747 Load manager....
Did using the Load Manager solve your problem ? I have this same trouble as soon as I try using real weather under FSX and am getting tired with it. thanks !!!