Sign in to follow this  
lumat83

problem between ATIS and Ground

HelloI don't understand why ATIS give an active runway and Ground give another.I start a flight at Toussus LFPN (Runway 25 - 07). The wind (given by REX2) is 360

It depends on winds and what the AI traffic is doing. If winds favor 07R, ATIS should reflect when updated. However if the AI is using 25L then that's where you'll get the clearance to take off from. You can also select a departure runway of your choice though.

How soon do you read ATIS after loading a flight? When a flight is first loaded the weather/winds are set as your default flight (usually the clear weather theme for which FS will see 360@0 and ATIS will report the north most facing active runway that the first activated AI will use). After a weather application finishes modifying the FS weather it takes some time for AI generated with your flight load to come around to the new weather situation.You can refresh AI by advancing FS time forward by one minute after waiting a couple of minutes after the weather engine finishes updating FS. Your ATIS should then report the correct winds and runway. RC assigns the runway first by observing AI and then if none are available by its own runway environment rules. If between the time you get your ATIS and AI appear the runway use is different you can have this discrepancy.I only have the FS9 default scenery for this airport. It shows the only ILS is on 25. If a tailwind component is less than 6 knots FS AI will see this as calm. Arriving FS AI choose the runway with the ILS first according to research done on a scenery design forum and a majority seem to have reached this conclusion if I have interpreted their comments correctly. It is pretty complicated. That's why RC first looks for AI operating when you get your runway assignment.Microsoft did not appear to give full documentation to add-on developers regarding AI behavior and runway direction priority.Try the AI refresh technique as I described to get rid of the AI taxiing for take-off and arriving before the weather you chose (via your application) finishes updating FS weather.

Good idea. Thank for that :( In fact, I launch FSX, I wait that REX2 has finished his download and I launch RC. But I 'll try to refresh AI before

Ok thank you. I think too that this runway it's the default runway. The wind was 360