Sign in to follow this  
Guest Muwarr90

Texture help - C-47

Guest Muwarr90

I got a new rig a few days ago, and have installed FSX w/ acceleration and my favorite plane of all the Maam-Sim R4D/DC-3/c-47. There is, unfortunately, a problem. The exterior textures don't show up. The plane is all white on the outside. Interior textures show up in the VC though.I don't think this was the case when I initially installed, but I'm not 100% sure about that. With it being a new install, I have been tweeking settings and making all sorts of changes, getting stuff set up, so I can't even begin to make a connection to anything specific I may have done.Can anyone think of something simple that this problem may be? I figured I'd throw it our here in hopes that someone could save me some time before I start tearing into this more deeply.Thanks in advance.

Hi!First off, are you using DX10 ?...If not ( port-overs won't work with DX10 ) , check your Dakota texture folders and see if a.o. 'bm_fuse_1_t.bmp', bm_fuse_2_t.bmp' and 'hsurf_t,bmp' are present. Let me know, Ok ?Cheers,Jan

Jan

Guest Muwarr90
Hi!First off, are you using DX10 ?...If not ( port-overs won't work with DX10 ) , check your Dakota texture folders and see if a.o. 'bm_fuse_1_t.bmp', bm_fuse_2_t.bmp' and 'hsurf_t,bmp' are present. Let me know, Ok ?Cheers,Jan
Yes I am using DX-10.I have since discovered that letting FSX re-build by FSX.cfg file brings the textures back. They did disappear once after I did that the first time. I have a suspect on what's causing the problem with the FSX.cfg (A2A piper), but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Yes I am using DX-10.I have since discovered that letting FSX re-build by FSX.cfg file brings the textures back. They did disappear once after I did that the first time. I have a suspect on what's causing the problem with the FSX.cfg (A2A piper), but I haven't been able to confirm that.
Did you check if the specific textures named in my earlier post are present in your R4D/DC-3/C-47 texture folders ?If affirm then you can be sure it's DX10 that is causing the problem. I don't use DX10 myself so i really don't know much about it but i believe that using FS9 port-over aircraft models in FSX while using DX10 is asking for trouble for which there is no solution at the moment. ( i don't think that rebuilding the FSX.cfg will help with the external textures not showing, atleast not permanently ) Is it not like you can easily switch between DX9 and DX10 before starting an FSX session ?..... If that's true you will find that your port-over Dakota models will work fine in FSX with DX9 ( apart from the few typical port-over quirks like dissapearing spinning props and glass parts against clouds, trees, or other FSX objects that use an alpha channel )cheers, Jan

Jan