Sign in to follow this  
Guest n930jd

Adding FMC info for fictional airports or new runways

Guest FirstinFlight
OK:Let's use the example of Runway 26 at KPHX:wpNavAPT.txt is the runways file:
PHOENIX SKY HARBOUR INTLKPHX26 11489258 33.440822-111.992136111.7525801135

PHOENIX SKY HARBOUR INTL: The name for the airport as written in the source data. (in this case whatever Navigraph is using, probably European given the spelling of harbor)KPHX26:The runway name. Can have a L R or C after the two digit number.11489258:This is the runway length (11,489) followed by the runway heading. (258)33.440822-111.992136111.7525801135Lat/Lon of the runway start point followed by the ILS frequency (111.75), the course (258), and the elevation. (01135)wpNavAID.txt has the info for the ILSes that you will need if you want to be able to actually enter in the ICAO for the transmitter as a waypoint or FIX page entry etc:

PHOENIX				 ICWJ ILSD 33.440050-112.033125111.75T

PHOENIX:Name from the source data, same as in the APT file.ICWJ:ICAO for the ILS station.ILSD:Type of station. (ILS with DME in this case)33.440050-112.033125111.75T:Lat/Lon for the transmitter followed by the frequency and type (T = terminal, the others are H and L for high and low altitude VORs/DMEs and N for NDBs)Get the right numbers for whatever airport (fictional or otherwise) you're trying to add, format them like this and it'll show up in the FMC.

Thanks for explaining this. I have the latest AIRACs from Navigraph so my FMS is always uptodate. Its the data in the MSFS that is not. I wanted to ask - and this question is for existing runways - i understand that for new ones like KORD 09L/27R, adding it in the FMS will not make them show up in the scenery - What file in MSFS 2004 do i need to fix if I wanted to correct the course being indicated in PFD for an ILS - say for KORD ILS 28 (which is still showing 27L in my scenery due to the original AFCAD, I guess) the course indicates 271 degrees whereas the FMS indicates 273 degrees.How do i fix that discrepancy in MSFS and have it show what the FMS is showing (i understand that the FMS is getting it from the latest AIRAC i updated). I just need to fix what the PFD is showing.Thanks in advance.CPJ