Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tollys

PMDG 737-800

Hi I have the PMDG 737NG and when I descend i use full speedbrakes but they dont slow me down, I have the trust pulled back fully and full spoilers so can any one help me? Is there a way to increase the effect on the spoliers in the aircraft.cgf that I can change, if so please help? THANKS:)

If you decrease your rate of decent that will slow you down tremendously and if you are too high then go into a holding pattern until you are low enough. This is probably how it is in real life.Taylor Oldham

as thefsxflyer said,The speedbreaks have a considerable effect on the wing's efficiency, creating a good amount of drag, and dumping a portion of lift. You'll have to make a choice though, No airliner slows itself just by removing power. Try slowing down your descent.faster you descend=More speed, this is grasped through Kinetic energy, just like if you rolled a ball down a slopeMore drag= ability to descend faster, Or to slow faster.you have to realise it's a balance and work the balance. The 737's speedbrakes work fine.Regards,Ryan Briggs.

Yep, in most cases you're going to lose a lot of altitude or a lot of speed, not both at the same time.
What I find very funny is how the default 73 in fsx will decend at 7000fpm with half spoilers, no thrust and the speed decreases very quickly. I have decended at 10000 fpm and held 250 kts. This is very unrealistic and annoying. What also gets me is the defaults autobrake system. I never use the autobrakes because it slows down way to quickley. You will use only a fraction of the runway just using spoilers and reverse and not touching the brakes. If aerosoft make a flightsim, they will have to make sure that he flight dynamics are correct. :( Tim Smith.Australia